Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bullets over Seventh Avenue

Hey girlies,
First, let me apologize for being so MIA (by "so MIA," I am not referring to rocking the mic while crowning). It's been a particularly rich couple of weeks for me. After kicking the flu, I came down with a relentless, rude migraine that landed me in the hospital--and then I returned home this weekend to a completely crashed computer! Lost everything, including my temper. Don't look at me like that! I have a gassy three-month-old, I can't be expected to remember to BACK UP! Anyway, Sunshine installed a new hardrive last night, and I'm back in business. My mind is still a bit scrambled, though, so I must communicate through bullets.

* I haven't had time to properly peruse the gossip sites, but Chris Brown? I can't. Someone help me understand what happened.


* La Lina is now cooing like crazy! Yesterday, she let loose a smile-y stream of babble that I interpreted to mean: "I'm so proud of my kitten footsies! Will you please show them to your SYB Babes so they can understand how chic I am?" Only following her wishes, girls.


* The lovely nurses at the hospital kept putting these cold compresses my head--you know, the kind you shake up and scrunch and they miraculously turn cold? Anyway, they leaked some sort of crazy acid on my forehead, and burned the s&*t out of my skin. I mean, REALLY. It was a flaky, raw, red, chapped mess. I've heard from a zillion makeup artists that they always carry Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream ($25) in their kits for emergencies. Now, this vitamin E and antioxidant-infused cream is truly a multi-tasking miracle worker. Not only does it soothe and moisturize cracked, irritated skin, it also doubles as a cuticle cream and FABULOUS lip balm. And they just came out with a super-cute vintage edition (very Betty Page-luxe)! Anyway, the second I got home I slathered this stuff all over my forehead. Three days later, I'm not just healed--my skin is unbelievably smooth and soft. FYI, Elizabeth Arden makes an Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick Sheer Tint SPF 15 ($17) that's kind of brilliant, too.


* Speaking of brilliance, the genius muchachitas at Tarte have just launched their Tarte Bottoms Up Lower Lash Mascara ($16). You heard me right...a mascara specifically formulated to sex up your lower lashes!! Honestly, it's like the Tarte ladies sit around and think, what spiffy thing can we invent that'll make women wonder how they ever lived without it? As you know, I'm deeply lash-obsessed, and I fully believe that everyone looks better after coating on a slut-tastic amount of black mascara--but the bottom lashes always pose a problem. Even if I manage to find a mascara that makes me look like I actually HAVE bottom lashes, it invariably gets all smudge-y and couples with my undereye concealer in a most unseemly way. This Lower Lash Mascara solves both problems! The brush is super-tiny and manages to define every single lash, and the formula is flake-free and smear-proof. Voila: a super-defined, sexy look that lasts all day. I've taken to using it on those short lashes in the inner corners of my top lid, too. Love this stuff.

* Seriously, with ALL the characters and ALL the story lines in "He's Just Not That Into You," they couldn't come up with a single person or couple of color? I mean, does Hollywood really think the world is this white? Shocking, really.

That's all! Love ya, mean it!

xoxo,
Tia

24 Comments:

Blogger Jenna Marie Christian said...

Welcome Back Tia...So, Glad you're feeling better!! You know We missed you!!!!

Don't get me started on that whole Chris Brown/Rihanna Fiasco...lol

jenna marie

4:28 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

So sorry you have been ill Tia, glad you are better! Oh and your little princess is perfectly beautiful!!! Thanks for the mascara recomendation, I think I may need to try it:)

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia!!!!!!!!! Yay you came back!!! Allegedly Chris Brown was in a car with Rihanna and his side chick called, Rihanna saw who it was and went ballistic (as she should have)since he was driving he pulled over and proceeded to punch and BITE her!!!She is cooperating with LAPD and if he goes to jail he will have night terrors for YEARS to come!!!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Olajuwon said...

Glad you're feeling better Tia!

You know your daughter is too cute!

Will you be covering Fashion Week?

The whole Chris Brown/Rihanna thing makes me sad. So young. They're not even old enough to get drunk. Legally anyway.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I'm completely in love with your bullet style "no holds barred" I'm telling it like it is updates. I'm also glad you are feeling better.

8:31 PM  
Blogger divasoul said...

Glad you're feeling better! Wow flu, migraine, computer. Ugh! I just had cold, flu, bronchitis. Add a computer to that and someone would die.
How cute is Lina?! Awwwww!!!
Chris Brown - somebody needs to give that boy a beatdown
And bottom lash mascara? OK I am SO THERE! YES!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Sass said...

La Lina is the cutest little thing I've seen in a long time!! I love little girls!
I must must try that Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour cream, and I've been hearing tons of greatness about the Tarte Bottoms Up Mascara.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Schanina said...

La Lina definitely has personality in that photo. She is one bad mamacita and so are you! Glad you are back and feeling well...and I know you are traumatized by the fall of CB... I remember when you interviewed him when he was just a Hollywood munchkin…it hurts us all…:(

1:54 PM  
Blogger A*E* said...

So glad you're feeling better Tia! LOL at the rocking the mic while crowning comment!

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you've been under the weather!

Budget tidbit - Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream ain't nothing but A&D ointment in fancier packaging. Compare the ingredients. Even smells the same. I keep the A&D at home, but carry the EA Lip Protectant in my purse for emergencies.

Kierah

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the computer crash reminds me of the SATC epi when Carrie gets the "Sad Virus" and she realizes the whole world has been backing up except her!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT BABY!!! SOOO CUTE!

Welcome back Ms. Tia!!
So glad you’re back at em

I love the Aubrey Organics spray.. I sprayed it in my dry hair after it was curled and wrapped it came out sooo bouncy.

As far as the movie, it added insult to injury having the movie take place in Baltimore… With not one face of color except for the jump off! Not cool...

3:34 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Lina is super cute! She made me smile a big Sasha Obama smile:-D She seems to resemble Sunshine, but maybe it's just the angle.

I hope we get more details about the whole Chris Brown thing. It is just the most shocking thing. I would have been happy with the Usher and Tameka Lipo story this week.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Yannize said...

what a cute lil muffin!
as for mascara under the eyes...Im sure it would work on ppl who actually have bottom lashes...but since I dont and wear falsies everyday for my top ones...ill just stick with eyeliner for the bottom...

yannize
styleammo.com

5:38 PM  
Blogger kat calvin said...

I love this lower lash idea but I don't know if I would remember to put a separate mascara on my lower lashes!! Also, you are so right about He's Just Not That Into You, well called!

kat

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better! I have missed you and your wonderful and witty reviews. Your daughter is so beautiful and very chic! Thanks for your mascara recommendation. Chris Brown - there's no excuse for his behavior! Last but not least, the movie I am so disappointed in the previews! The first thing I noticed that there were no people of color!!! I had been waiting for the movie to finally come out and now I doubt if I will watch it. I don't want my dollars supporting Hollywood's white world LOL

10:39 AM  
Blogger ljkelly said...

I am glad you are feeling better, Tia! Little Carolina is so freaking cute!!! Loves her! Also, good point about "He's Just Not That Into You"...it is kind of like how there where no black folks in NY when Friends and Seinfeld were on TV. Sigh.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Vee said...

wow! glad you're feeling better

Cute little precious one!!! I hope my little boy is just as happy when he comes (May 5)

YES! bottom lash mascara!!!! Gotta have it!

also, I agree about "He Just Not That Into You" I mean come ON! I won't even wait til it goes to DVD. I'll wait til it hit HBO!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm..do you think the Eight Hour Cream is as good a multi-tasker as Rosebud Lip Salve?

I'm intrigued.

lushlist.blogspot.com

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word! We were talking about that movie at work the other day. I would take anyone-- an asian, latino, native american anyone of color as a main character

2:08 AM  
Blogger Nerd Girl said...

Glad you're feeling better.

You have got yourself one cute kid!

I REFUSE to see that movie for that very reason!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Tia! Nice to know you took time from your post-pregnancy exhaustion/flu/migraine to do a post! You are muy dedicated!!

The baby is so adorable! I don't know if I need an, um, nipple refresher, but if I ever do, I'll know what to reach for.

I don't want to discuss Chris Brown just because there is too much attention being paid to it already. People say they can't believe it, but that just goes to show you that there is no "type" when it comes to this sort of thing. We all need to watch our backs (and fronts) and be careful.

Have a glorious week, SYB Babes!!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Vixenlibra said...

Glad you are back and feeling well. That really suks about the burn incident. Glad your skin has healed. And LOL! at the little kitten footsies convo. That is so cute and she is tooo adorable!

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so late with this comment but I'm glad that you are feeling better and your baby girl just keeps getting more gorgeous with each pic you take. Is modeling in her near future????

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home