Thursday, March 05, 2009

Clean Queen


Hi girls,
These days, I'm really into, like, paring everything down. Streamlining. You know, making things uncomplicated. Por ejemplo, I'm uncluttering my DVR (wait, what? You mean I can't keep the episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8 when "Hannah poops in Hannah's unnapants?"). I've exfoliated extraneous magazines from my vintage publications box (no pre-'88 issues of Seventeen were allowed to live). I'm doing a concealer/lipgloss/blush/mascara moment--no eyeliner! And, when it comes to fragrance, I'm suddenly into smelling really cleaaan. Not flowery, not spicy, not perfume-y, just clean. I think there's something so chic, so FRENCH, about smelling shower-fresh. You, but better. Obviously, I don't mean that I leave the house smelling like Irish Spring. No, I spritz on my new obsession, Bobbi Brown Bath Fragrance ($40). A decidedly Sixties-ish blend of neroli, orange flower, white lily and sage, this scent is the very personification of "so fresh so clean." I've taken to spraying it into my closet, it's so divine. And I also kind of love the subtle, naughty implications of a fragrance called "Bath." Very "Wendy?/Yes, Lisa/Is the water warm enough?/Yes, Lisa/Shall we begin?/Yes, Lisa." And if you don't know what I'm talking about, ask your big sister.
Big kiss,
Tia


PS...Two nights ago, Sunshine and I had our first post-La Lina date (there I am, on the red carpet)! AMBI invited us to the Apollo for the premiere of BET's new show, "Harlem Heights," an every-which-way-but-scripted reality show about gorgeous black 20-somethings in Manhattan (AMBI sponsored the event). Cannot WAIT to hear your thoughts after it debuts! Keep a lookout for Brooke, the all-drama fly girl who used to date Kanye. Fine, I'm already hooked. And speaking of hooked, will someone please hold me back from "Toddlers and Tiaras," for the love of all that's good and holy?

17 Comments:

Blogger Miss McKenzie said...

I use this perfume..smells wonderful and it gets better the longer it sinks into your skin..personal fave! I also love Prada's new perfume

12:08 AM  
Blogger P.S. I love this... said...

I'm lukewarm about the show but absolutely lovin' that black and white "fishscale" skirt that Bridget wears in the promo photos. Do you know the designer?

2:00 AM  
Blogger P.S. I love this... said...

I'm lukewarm on the show but I'm loving that black and white "fishscale" skirt Bridget wore for the promo photos. Do you know the designer?

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who LOVES that Purple Rain reference?! I do! Philosophy's Soap and Water is a lovely light scent.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Schanina said...

I need a new scent. I'm going to give this one a try.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bobby Brown's Bath is amazing! I love it and wish it came in a bigger bottle because I use it all the time. And yes, it does get better with time!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The fact that you just referenced my favorite line from Jon and Kate Plus Eight makes me love you even more. LOL

9:12 AM  
Blogger Juwon Ajayi said...

How light is the perfume? I'm allergic to most perfumes because the scent is too heavy...

I personally love the show! It's like the Hills with color : )

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO loving the Prince reference... Harlem Heights? Not so much.... it seems very scripted and I expect more from "us" than all that catty mess.

I use Philosophy's soap and water daily... will give Ms Brown a try. You look fabulous dah'lin post La Lina if I may say so myself!!

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I LOVED when Hannah pooped in Hannah's unnapants?

Classic and cute. I love those kids.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the clean smell, too. I try to stay away from scents in a bottle, so I will take your word on this one. Did you put your pre-'88 editions of Seventeen on eBay? I know people will pay a ridiculous amount for old Sassy mags.

12:59 PM  
Blogger A*E* said...

I'm addicted to uber-fabulous-20 somethings-this-is-so-scripted-but-we're-gonna-call-it-a-reality-show-anyway type shows so of course I'm watching! And how much am I loving their wardrobe?!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Lola Re said...

I think Irish Spring smells good!! stay Computer blue.. :oP

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of the Jo Malone's Honeysuckle and Jasmine...its crisp and not as floral as some of the other fragrances I wore pre-baby.

Is anybody else SUPER excited that Lady O is wearing Tracy Reese on the new cover of O Magazine!?! EEK!

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bath is THE TRUTH!!! I copped it FRIDAY. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! As does husband.

~Fin

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Tia, you look fabulous! I don't think I could not use eyeliner for even a day so kudos. Harlem Heights is okay so far but the cattiness in the first episode? Let us get to know you and give a darn before you start beefin' and whatnot. We don't know who to like and who to diss yet(not like Lauren v. Speidi-that's easy).
@P.S. I love this...try hitting up the Fashion Bomb blog for deets on the skirt. They can find anything and also lower-priced options if the cost is ridiculous.

7:26 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

That perfume is right up my alley. Have you ever tried any of the CLEAN line of fragrances? I love them for the same thing....a clean fresh scent.

I love Toddlers and Tiaras. Okay, I confessed, I feel better now.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home