Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Q&A Wednesday

Dear girlies,
Congratulations are in order, my lovelies!! Ms. Astacia Shari was the first SYB Babe to answer the first "Free at Last" trivia question correctly (for the record, in June '06, Sam Fine's fifth favorite makeup product was L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara, $6.99)! Lady Shari, you are going to love Pantene’s new Pro-V Nature Fusion Smooth Vitality collection...send me an email at beauty@tiawilliams.net with your mailing address, asap! And ladies, come back next Monday for the second "Free at Last" product giveaway contest--and compete to win an achingly chic piece from ChickDowntown.com!

Okay, onto the beauty. I recently got an email from an SYB Babe having a beauty crisis that I thought we all could relate to. Toast to Q&A Wednesday!

SYB BABE: Clarissa

ISSUE: "Every winter, I got these gross little bumps on my elbows, arms, and legs. And they're itchy and dry, too. What can I do? I've heard that creams with glycolic or alpha hydroxy acid get rid of the rash, but I'm not about to spend upwards of $50 on one of those medicated lotions. Any suggestions?"


TIA'S 2 CENTS: Clarissa, you're absolutely right about two things--A.) that glycolic and alpha hydroxy acid body lotions smooth out dry winter rashes (they're brilliant at sloughing off all that flaky, bumpy stuff, and revealing the pretty skin underneath), and B.) that they cost a fortune. Here's my little secret. Instead of wasting $$ on said fancy products, I use a drugstore-brand cream, Alpha Hydrox AHA Exfoliating Cream ($8.29). It's a face cream, so it's smaller and less expensive (and who needs a huge body lotion when you're just spot-treating, right?). Just massage it into your problem areas, and it'll take care of the rash in about a week. So brilliant. Good luck, 'Rissa!

xoxo,
Tia

7 Comments:

Blogger Olajuwon said...

Thanks for the tip Tia! I'm going to have to hunt that cream down; I've never seen it at my drugstore before.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Moni said...

I have used alpha hydrox products on and off for years and I love them. They're cheap, effective and you can get them in your local drugstore or tarjhay. What's not to love?

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you heard about the latest Canadian dermatologist to create his own skincare line? I don't normally ever write on these blogs but if you suffer from dry or dehydrated skin this new line built on the "hydration concept" is a FIVE STAR PRODUCT LINE!! Seriously, its filled with potent anti-oxidants that have changed the way my skin looks and feels and other makeup artists across North America are raving about it since he works on sets to assist top artists when needed! You can order it on-line at www.riversol.com or thru select spa's and medical clinics. Good luck! Devan, Vancouver

1:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I so need this in my life right now b/c I'm ashy all over.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I so need this in my love b/c I'm ashy all over!

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an appt with my dermatologist scheduled for next week to address these dry/itchy patches on my legs and elbows. Thanks for the tip. I will look into this ASAP. Thanks

10:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG. I went out and tried this immediately, and can I just say thank you. I've been getting those gross bumps for years. I have weird bump prone skin, and it would stress me out every winter because nothing I used for my other skin issues would work. It was embarrassing, itchy and I hated it. The bumps are gone and it's one less thing for me to stress over. And it was cheap and at Wal-Mart. Thanks so much. I almost cried the other day when I noticed they were gone. Thank you thank you for that tip!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home