Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Shutup and drive

Hi ladies,
Yay! Yay! Great news! I just passed my driver's road test! Long story. Honestly, this is so embarrassing, but if I can't tell my SYB Babes, who can I tell? Girls, NEVER let your license expire past a year. Why? Because you'll have to go through the ENTIRE TESTING PROCESS AGAIN. I'm talking the five-hour class, the written exam, the learner's permit, and then the road test. The indignity...I've been driving my whole life! Can you imagine me in a driver's ed course with a bunch of 16-year-olds? One was actually writing the lyrics to some Flo Rida song in his notebook (I know this because I asked...look, I write a teen series, it's research). Anyway, I got through all the preliminary stuff and finally scheduled my road test a couple months ago. You'd think this wouldn't be a problem--I mean, it's really just a formality, right? I've had a license since I was a croissant-banged teenager! Well, no. You'd be surprised at how many bad habits you pick up. I failed and shocked myself and the tester by crying a river of tears. Last week my second chance, and I passed!! Congratulations are in order.


I'm telling you this story not only to warn you about the dangers of letting your license expire. I swear to you, after I'd successfully knocked the test out of the park, my young, pretty tester asked me what perfume I was wearing. This may or may not have affected her decision, I'm not sure. But I was delighted to tell her it wasn't a perfume at all, it was Mark Self Sanctuary Honey Jasmine Dry Oil Mist ($10). I have some kind of weird stomach thing happening and I can't stand my usual fragrance...so I've fallen in love with this awesomely fresh dry oil spritz. It's lightly scented with the barest hint of honey and jasmine...just enough to impress the road test powers that be. I love it; it's perfect for the summer! Spray it all over, it's incredibly moisturizing and gives your skin a sexy glow.
xoxo,
Tia

Big PS...I got so many emails about Motion's fabulous new Marula Natural Therapy Collection, I thought I'd remind you that Glam.com is giving away of the luscious Hair Strengthening Moisturizer! Click here to enter. In case you missed my last post, the Marula collection is designed to repair and strengthen hair that's been demolished by chemicals and heat styling. Basically, Motion had me in mind when they whipped up these babies! I've been using the Hair Strengthening Moisturizer for two weeks now, and Adelina, my Dominican stylist, has been oohing and aahing about my "suave" hair like nobody's business!

PPS...To the girls sending all the emails, yes, this is my real hair!

PPPS...To the other girls sending all the emails, the dress I'm wearing in my "Makeover Mama" post is a red shift from H&M!

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unless Juwon is on here typing RIGHT NOW, I'm first! Yay!

You don't have to lecture me; I've let my license expire (what? I live in Chicago!) and I will have to do the same thing. Drats!

I've never tried Mark's scents. I will have to see about this (I don't like things that smell strong, so it would have to be very soft). "Weird Stomach thing", huh? I'm not saying anything. But I'm thinking LOTS of things :)

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the same boat with you Miss Tia on the drivers license thing, LOL! I think I'll buy some of that Mark scent for good luck ;)

Kierah

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog and I am going to check out the Mark scents. By the way I heard sometimes your body begins to reject regular scents when there is something wrong with your liver.

J

12:35 PM  
Blogger Sharlene said...

Honey Jasmine is my fav scent too
Anyone who wants to try Mark products, please go to my estore @

www.mymarkstore.com/spiverger

(i could use the business!!)

1:39 PM  
Blogger teeluv said...

Congrats!! I feel you on the bad habits. If I had to take the road test again, not a doubt in my mind I would fail.

Honey Jasmine sounds yummy. And only $10...will most definitely give it a try. Sharlene may check out your estore.

"weird stomach thing".....hmmmm

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

teeluv im thinking what your thinking..first comes love then comes marriage...

3:27 PM  
Blogger Amina said...

congratulations :)
Mark makes great scents...
one my favorite lotions from them is the lemon sugar...

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the PSS:) Ran to my local H&M, but couldnt find that gorgeous dress:(

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

meant to say PPPS:)

3:59 PM  
Blogger Sharlene said...

i was just lookin through my magalog && u ladies can get the 3 pc spa collection (scent mist body butter & shower wash) for 20 dollars

once again
www.mymarkstore.com/spiverger

ps...tia i got my license in december & my parents never let me drive so think ill soon be forgetting how to drive...doesnt matter im moving to the city in the fall

11:18 PM  
Blogger 'Lish said...

To all you ladies that have let your license expire... consider yourselves lucky. I'm in LA and live in my car and more than anything its made me an uber agressive, rushed person behind the wheel ... not to mention gas prices ($4.51/gallon at the cheap stations)are really cutting into the fun bucks :)

I LOVE LA, but sometimes I wish I lived in a city that believed in efficient public transportation.

And the mark scent sounds good.. may have to check that out ...

as an aside -- im recently experiencing weird dryness on my eyelids - its aging me... anyone have any ideas on a good eye cream (not yet having problems with wrinkles, or puffiness or anything else)

12:06 AM  
Blogger Luxe Tips said...

What???? The dress if from H&M! You have to be kidding. Gorgeous! They just opened a H&M here in Atlanta. Those trips to New York were getting expensive. lol! I wonder if I can find it there today.....

Thanks Tia!

Latoicha
www.luxetips.com

9:21 AM  
Blogger Lisa Brown-Hall, EIC The Ghetto Fashionista said...

I thought I was the only one channeling my inner 'tween by wearing Mark fragrances!! The chocolate orchid is also one of my favs.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms.Tia,
My sister had a "stomach thing" where she had to switch her perfume once, and the result was my beautiful little niece. Are we soon to have a mini Beauty Diva?
:-) If not I hope you feel better soon.

xoxo
Mor

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Tia, I'm with Tabitha and the rest of the SYB-ers on the weird stomach thing. Hmm.....:) Also, even with the decent transit system here in the Chi (with it's ridiculous increases for unpredictable service--bus bunching, etc.), I dislike other people's germs too much to use it for all my travel. LOL I made sure to keep my license up just so I could leave parties when I want and not have to wait on anyone to go on outlet shopping adventures. Although it's been over 14 years for me, I think the parallel parking part of the test has been removed in IL Tabitha, so that's a plus. Good luck!

'lish-I'm in love with L'Oreal's Skin Genesis eye cream. It makes me look like I'm 12! Every so often, CVS and Walgreens does a BOGO on Skin Genesis stuff. They also do the 2nd item 50% off thing but I try to hold out until it's the buy one, get one free deal. You save around $20 that way.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad about the license thing...I'm slightly ashamed to admit it took me 6 times to pass my road test back in the day! I've come a LONG way baby!!

2:24 PM  
Blogger 'Lish said...

coco_fiere,

Thanks so much! I spent like 20 minutes in my drugstore yesterday. So many options ... was actually overwhelming -- and I am a total product whore. I love those sales -- which amuses me -- cus I won't hesitate to spend it on lipgloss i dont wear or blush, or polaroid film for that matter -- but the eye cream prices seemed outrageous to me....

4:30 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

Oh my gosh... What an experience to have to go thru all over again! Thanks for the tips, I'll be SURE not to let my license expire...

9:20 AM  
Blogger Shannon J. said...

Weird stomach thing? OOh, will you soon be telling us where all the cute maternity clothes are to be found?

12:28 PM  
Blogger Lelani said...

Hmmmm! Tia, I'm not trying to start nothing but... "weird stomach thing happening???" Could there be a little bundle of joy brewing in the oven? I'm just sayin' :-)

Anyway, congrats on passing your drivers test. I suspect we'll be hearing some other good news from you in the next couple of weeks or so. :-)

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home