Thursday, May 29, 2008

Makeover Mama

Hi ladies,
Two weekends ago, I had the distinct pleasure of attending the TotalBeauty Beauty Summit in L.A.! Oh, the whole thing was glorious. It was just me and about 60 beauty bloggers mingling and gossiping and talking blush at the posh Ayres Hotel for three days. There were seminars, cocktail parties, club jaunts, sundresses, mimosas...good times! Julia from All About the Pretty even hosted a yoga lesson (5am...I did not attend). Okay, so, Saturday was easily the most exciting day, and here's why:














1.) I spoke on a panel called "When Blogging Becomes your Career," with a bunch of other fabulous beauty editors-turned-bloggers, including Kristen Lambertson of BeautyRiot, Nadine Haobsh of JolieNadine (formerly JolieinNYC), Anne Fritz of JetSetGirls, and Annie Tomplin of PopSugar (there we are, looking very knowledgeable). I'm now obsessed with Annie, and I expect a call about a restraining order very soon.

2.) I won an award! Yes indeed, SYB Babes, you're looking at 2008's "Media Darling." Darling, at that! I love it.














3.) For the first time in my entire life, I won a raffle. The prize was a fancy makeover! In the middle of the day, while everyone else was learning about how to maximize their blog readership, I was spirited off to a secret beauty room. Here, I was treated to an INSANELY relaxing and luxurious facial using Lisa Hoffman Skincare products. Never heard of her? You will! Lisa Hoffman, wife o'Dustin, just introduced a very affordable, very high-end line of portable, single-use bath and skincare products (great for travel, the gym, throwing in your office desk). The aesthetician used all ten vials from the Spa Facial Packette ($35), a little pouch containing all you need to give yourself an exfoliating, moisturizing, spa-worthy facial. If you are at all stressed and have no time to make it to a spa, I recommend that you purchase this kit immediately--such an easy, quick way to feel fabulous. Afterwards, my skin felt like BUTTER. That's not all...post-facial I got a fabulous haircut/blowout and makeover! When it was all over, I flaunted my new look in front of the group while the hilarious hairstylist explained his genius to everyone (meanwhile, my "before" and "after" pics were projected across the wall behind me). So much fun!

Speaking of makeovers, have any of my SYB Babes ever visited DailyMakeover.com? It's BEYOND. You can actually upload your photo and try on a zillion celebrity hairstyles! Plus, there are real women makeovers, and a whole community discussing the hottest products around. It's endless, addictive fun!
xoxo,
Tia

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Tia!

When I think of people in the world that are in desperate need of a makeover, I don't think of you at all. You look mucho gorgeouso (not a word) all the time! That said-getting pampered is great and that blowout is R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S! Glad you had a great time! Sounds like a worthy networking event.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Luxe Tips said...

Tia:

I love your blog and I have been a fan for the past two years. You are an inspiration! Plus you are totally gorgeous! I have a blog here in Atlana. Check out it in your limited free time! Yo go girl!

www.luxetips.com

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get that amazing dress? It is fab, fab, fab!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Mlle M. said...

You look GREAT, before and after. And that dress is so fantastic! I'm checking out the makeover site now.

1:51 AM  
Blogger divasoul said...

Wow your hair is fantastic in the makeover!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Calming Corners said...

Congrats on the award. I will have to try the makeover site.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay Tia! Congrats on the award and the raffle winnings... But seriously- you needed a makeover, WHY? lol :) xoxoxoxo

12:34 PM  
Blogger Olajuwon said...

I told a friend back home (Nigeria) to check out your blog and she already knew about it! Congrats on the award. By the way, I want that dress!

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was surely booking my ticket to the summit, until I realized that it was the same week as The Makeup Show! Grr..Hopefully they won't overlap next year!

1:47 AM  
Blogger Dollfaced Rebel said...

Tia,
You look simply wonderful.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were already gorgeous, but "glowy" and gorgeous after the facial, hair, and makeup.

I think I told you in person, but your makeup in both the before and after pictures on the screen looked almost identical - so you know what you are doing!!!

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia what dress are you wearing? It too cute!

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home