Monday, May 05, 2008

SIXTEEN CANDLES is here!!
















Hi ladies,
It's here, it's here! The second book in my IT CHICKS series, SIXTEEN CANDLES (Hyperion/Disney, $8.99) hits stores on Tuesday, May 6th! It’s juicy and fabulous and, despite being a book about a bunch of sassy performing arts school kids, it's total grownup guilty pleasure (over-21-year-olds should not feel bad about buying a paperback with pastel balloons and a birthday cake on the cover)! In lieu of giving the whole delicious plot away, I'll just give you a little update on what's been going on with the It-chicks in the month since all their first-week-of-school drama went down:

SKYE: Everyone's favorite diva is turning 16, and her wildly over-the-top party's being filmed for an episode of"My Super Sweet 16!" Hi-jinx involving a near-fatal wardrobe malfunction, an epic love spat, and an It-chicks performance ensue...

TANGIE: When everyone least expects it, the sophomore dancer's secret fling with senior stud Trey Stevens takes a shockingly juicy turn (don't worry, she's still a good girl)! Will CJ implode with jealousy? Quite possibly...

CJ: Besides feeling lovesick, the adorable, graffiti-loving bad boy is riddled with guilt over a scandalous secret that'll change Tangie's life forever. Let's see if he can keep it.

IZZY: The hot-blooded Ethiopian MC and artiste has been disappearing a lot lately--what's she hiding? Well, besides that naughty past...

REGINA: Skye's former sidekick has a new obsession--the cute cameragirl filming the "Sweet 16" episode! Are they BFF's, or something more? Depends on whether or not you believe Lindsay Lohan and Charlotte Ronson spend their time braiding each other's hair.

NICK: The beyond-gorgeous actor boy reluctantly agreed to be Skye's date for her Sweet Sixteen...apparently, she's the last one to hear those pesky rumors!

Okay, that's all I'm giving away! I can't WAIT to hear what you ladies think of the book, so run out and get SIXTEEN CANDLES right away (buy a couple, give them to your niece, your hairstylist's daughter, whoever)! Honestly, I hope you love the book as much as I did writing it. There are a zillion teen series out there, but very few that have brown characters--let alone, ultra-smart, talented, funny brown characters--so, hopefully, we can make a change. Happy reading and guilty-pleasuring, ladies!
xoxo,
Tia
















PS...How cute's this pic of me, Joanne, and the models from the cover shoot?

PPS...To find out more about SIXTEEN CANDLES (and to see ADORABLE illustrations of all the characters, courtesy of my brilliant designer amigo, Kibwe Chase-Marshall), check out the official Myspace page: myspace.com/theitchicks.

23 Comments:

Blogger divasoul said...

Congrats on book 2! YAY!

10:30 AM  
Blogger (vixenchick) said...

OMG! I'm so excited!!I loved It Chicks!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! I read the first one and I'll definitely be picking this one up.

10:52 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Awww...congrats Tia. I will have to cop my copy this weekend.

12:24 PM  
Blogger ljkelly said...

Ok, I have always felt I was just too old to read It Chicks but I JUST bought it off Amazon so I am going to read it and then buy Sixteen Candles tomorrow because knowing you, it is too FAB to miss!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Amina said...

Congratulations on your book Tia!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Butta said...

OMG! I am so freaking excited that the next It Chicks book is here. I just saw the first one on my bookshelf the other day and wondered when the follow-up was coming. This sounds as uber juicy as the first book. Congrats and I will be in Borders tomorrow getting my copy.

Butta
www.itslikebuttababy.com
www.soulbounce.com

2:14 PM  
Blogger Lipgloss Luvah! said...

Congrats on the book! I can't wait to get it as I loved the first one! Keep the great books coming, Tia, and keep reppin' VA! lol two up, two down!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Dollfaced Rebel said...

YES! I'm excited!!!!!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Cece said...

Tia I'm (finally) going to be in NYC on June 2nd to the 5th. Please say you have having some sort of reading in between then?
And I am so there to buy this even though I still can't find my copy of number 1!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Ashley Samantha said...

"You wore Fashion Fair makeup and bad Diahann Carroll wigs!"
Best. Line. Ever. I've always seen Vanessa Williams as Alexa for some reason, and I loved the first book. I'm sure "Sixteen Candles" will be just as fabulous, fierce, and flawless. I can't wait to read it!
Congrats!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Henna said...

Congratulations on your new book! It is such an accomplishment!

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congats congrats, Ms. Tia!! Bask in the glamour of it all - you deserve it!

Any update on the follow-up to Accidental Diva? Or just the next "OFFICIAL" adult book? I've read TCD a million times just to make sure I don't forget anything. LOL!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Vee said...

Congrats!!!! Keep up the good work. I'll check it out!!!!

3:08 PM  
Blogger angelica said...

Congrats doll!!

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia, Congrats on the new IT Chicks book! I'm sure it will be as wildly popular and successful as the first one. Now, on to the business of beauty. What is the lip color and blush you are wearing in the picture with the cover models? I need that blush and gloss combo like yesterday!
:-)

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHHH!!!! I went to barnies to purchase sixteen candles and they claimed they didnt have it in yet or that it was in boxes in th back!!! noooo!!!! I've craved this fresh, fabulous, addictive treat since i finish It Chicks almost a year ago...and now i have to wait??.ugh guess i'll read It Chicks again :]

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo, should I feel some type of way that I'm 24 and I REALLY want to read this?! LOL

But, seriously, BIG THANK YOU for filling the void of teen lit for our BEAUTIFUL, YOUNG,UNDER REPRESENTED, FABULOUS ladies of color! I wish they were around when I was younger (I swear almost EVERY black girl in the books from my past were little slave girls, or living in 1954 troubled Alabama - minus Jessie from the BSC, LOVED her! LOL - so I will purchase this for my younger cousins!! Alright, who am I kidding, I'll purchase one for myself, too!!!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Congratulations -- I am definitely going to pick up a copy! Great meeting you at the Olay event, can't wait to see you at the TB summit!

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats. I read the 1st one in the series so I have to get this one.

3:34 PM  
Blogger foorizzle(: said...

omg!
so i just finished
this book and i looooved it! :)
i was just wondering if you
were gonna make a third
book to the series and when
would it be published??
im soo anxious to read the
third book (if there is one) =]
you are an aamazing writer and i absolutley love it chicks!
thankkks

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg...i bought it and finished reading it within a day ( just like i did the last book) and i am still in love with the series!

please tell me you're writing a book #3 so i can add it to my collection!

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was really good but nothing really happened with CJ and Tangie!:(
please make a 3rd book! i really want to know whats gonna happen next!
-ur fav reader

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home