Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Most Excellent Lip Tip


Hi ladies,
Finding the right lipstick shade is sooo hard. Especially for brown women. Oh, the issues...the whole "my top lip is darker than my bottom" moment, the "why isn't this showing up" drama, the "bright colors make me look like a Cirque du Soleil flamethrower" thing, etc., etc. Guess who's solved the lipstick conundrum? None other than Bobbi Brown, of course, the patron saint of natural-looking makeup (remind me to tell you one day about how she once tried to set me up with a black politician she was hosting a fundraiser for at her estate...hilar!). Anyway, she's created a new Lip System, available at Bobbi Brown counters nationwide, that determines exactly which shade is right for you. Her philosophy is that the PERFECT, lipstick is one that's a-tad-sexier-than-natural...it should almost disappear into your bottom lip (kind of like finding the perfect foundation). And if you find colors that have the same tone as that one PERFECT lipstick, you can wear anything--reds, pinks, etc. So, she's created a pinwheel thingie that lists all of her most natural lipsticks along the outer perimeter, everything from Brown to Beige to Blondie Pink. Once you've figured out which color virtually disappears on your lips--for me, it's Rich Cocoa--there's a space on the pinwheel that allows you to see all the similarly-toned shades that fall under that color. There are reds, plums, pinks, shimmers, sheer lipsticks, glosses, lip pencils, everything! A virtual couture collection of lip shades that are guaranteed to work on you. I found the most excellent red this way--Crimson. I live for it. Anyway, you must get yourself over to a BB counter, asap...and please, darling, don't mention the black politician.
xoxo,
Tia

12 Comments:

Blogger beautylogicblog said...

Sounds amazing. I'm a huge fan of Bobbi Brown in general so I will be checking this out today.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Schanina said...

Hey Tia,

I hope you are feeling much better.

-S

10:34 AM  
Blogger A*E* said...

Glad to see you're feeling better Tia! Thanks for the tip! Just in time for graduation!

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks but how does it work for the upper and lower lip that are different colors, like you mentioned?

6:58 PM  
Blogger Mlle M. said...

*Gasp* I have got to have a look at this color wheel thing. I have all those issues you described with lipstick, and more! Thank you, thank you.

And please do tell us about Bobbi Brown setting you up with the politician! You can't leave us hanging like that... :)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Product Junkie Diva said...

I am ready for a good story Tia
Product Junkie Diva

11:14 PM  
Blogger Mallori said...

I was wonder what isn the exact name of the lip system so that i can ask for it specifically at the counter, thanks!

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no not Corey, he means well though and I'm sure Bobbi did too. Too funny. The lipstick sounds fantastic I'm headed to the Montclair store next week so I will check it out there

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no, Tia! I'm supposed to be saving for a new apartment and now you're going to send me running to Saks! Boooo! :)

I love Bobbi! I live for her concealer, so I believe you if you say her lipstick is le business.

Have a great week, SYB Babes!

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks Tia!

I stopped by the Bobbi counter yesterday just because of this post
and they don't have a color wheel yet.... not until next month

I can't wait :-)

thanks again

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love that color, although I'm not a big fan of lip sticks. I'm more of a lip gloss kind of girl.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw it today and it is great. I found a new lipstick for spring in a pink-ish color that looks great!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home