Monday, May 12, 2008

Q&A Monday


SYB BABE: Shy

QUESTION: "I need to find an exfoliator for my face that gives my skin a healthy natural glow in about 7 days, I'm thinkin maybe Sephora? Can you guide me in the right direction?"

ANSWER: Well, of course I can! It's funny, Shy, that you actually specified "seven days," because I believe that the best, best, best exfoliator on the market is Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula ($17.50). It's not harsh like most face scrubs--in fact, it's so gentle you'll wonder if it's actually working. But after a week of use, your skin will feel absolutely baby-soft, supple, and flake-free. Here's how to use it: On clean, damp skin, massage in with your fingertips for about 10 seconds (steer clear of major breakouts). You can use it on your lips, too! Then, rinse or tissue-off with warm water and follow up with moisturizer. Try it for a week, Shy. You'll notice SUCH a difference. PS? My favorite time to use Clinique 7 Day Scrub is after a beach vacay, when I start to flake off that un-PC sunburn. It's so non-invasive, and the exfoliant is so fine, that it manages to slough off the dead skin without causing any irritation at all. I use it on my face, shoulders, wherever. Such a cure-all!

12 Comments:

Blogger nikki said...

I used to love the Clinique Scrub. I stopped using it a while ago and start using Kiehl's Re-texturizing Microdermabrasion scrub. I like the Kiehl's product but its a little harsh compared to the Clinique scrub and its pricier.

10:46 AM  
Blogger beautylogicblog said...

this sounds like a must have item.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Dollfaced Rebel said...

Boscia Smoothing Facial Polish is AMAZING. You can Buy it at Sephora. It has gentle Exfoliation, and it's natual. I did my research on their products and a TON of hard work goes into them. It makes my complexion glow like no other.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

I use Clinique skincare products on a daily basis. I've tried a sample of the 7 day scrub (I even used it when I came back from vacation as well) and I really liked it. It IS very gentle, which is why it's safe to use for 7 consecutive days.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia, how often should one change/buy their make-up brushes?

9:54 AM  
Blogger 'Lish said...

I'm a big fan of Origin's "Never a Dull Moment" in addition to smoothing skin and removing flakes I really feel like it leaves my complexion brigher and more even.

But being the junkie that I am -- I have the clinique scrub as well.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally second Boscia! I just discovered it this weekend and its super gentle so that you are not overexfoliating but it works!

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking for a fantastic body scrub. My legs and back are still gross from winter. Any suggestions?

10:27 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

I am in the market for an exfoliator. Great post.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Boutique Mix Fashion said...

i'm all about origins facial scrubs. they are yummy and fab!!!

12:11 AM  
Blogger FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I'm steering clear of mechanical scrubs only cuz of my acne..

once that clears up - I may try this

Am gonna link this

6:02 PM  
Blogger 'Lish said...

As far as body scrub -- sending you back to origins "Incredible Spreadable Scrub" in Ginger. Use it standing in the shower while you are still dry and it slough all that gross skin away.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home