Monday, May 26, 2008

Hot Stuff!

Hi girls,
It's been sooo long! I've had the worst blogger.com problems, you can't imagine. But enough about that. How was your Memorial Day? Hot dogs or hamburgers? Mine involved neither. At the VERY last minute (ie, four hours before my flight boarded), I decided NYC was too rainy and schlumpy and I booked a last-minute "weekend deals" ticket to Ft. Myers, Florida. I don't know, I like 95 degree weather and a beach with my Memorial Day. Okay, so Ft. Myers isn't the most happenin' spot in the world--I was the only person of color/person under 75 for miles--but it was sooo relaxing. And the tan is epic! Here's what I want to talk to you about. My favorite, favorite thing about a good tan is that you don't need a lot of makeup to look fabulous. It's all about rocking a naturally glowy look. You won't believe this, but in terms of mi cara, I only packed TWO KEY PRODUCTS. Not only will my dynamic duo instantly enhance your beach babe fabulousness, they somehow make you feel more refreshed on those super-hot, sweaty days (really, when trying to feel fresh in crazy heat, the key thing to remember is less makeup is more, more, more). Girls, don't leave for your beach vacays without these two stunners...


1.) Lancome Hydra-Intense Mask ($28): So after a day by the pool or at the beach, no matter how much sunscreen you slathered on, your skin is going to be extremely parched, dehydrated, and dying for moisture. It's so important to re-hydrate after lengthy sun exposure!! After I wash my face, I leave this mask on for five minutes and it leaves my skin so supple and gives my complexion a gorgeous natural glow. You know, that dewy thing that J Lo and Aniston pile on twelve pounds of highlighter and bronzer to achieve? Anyway, the radiance is so fab there's no need for concealer, foundation, or any face makeup.


2.) Tarte Cheek Stain in Sunkissed ($28): So after the mask, it's all about this glorious, oil-free cheek stain. It's my favorite thing in the world. A little dab on the apples of your cheeks, and you look like you've been schtupping all night. Just absolute healthy, sexy radiance. I particularly adore the Sunkissed shade because it's a looks -fab-on-brown-skin bronzy-berry shade...and it's coconut-scented, which drives the whole "beach goddess" thing home. That said, if you can't stomach shelling out $28 for blush (even, quite literally, the cheek stain all other stains are judged by), I also enjoy Flirt Lip & Cheek Tint in Berry Flair ($10).

13 Comments:

Blogger B said...

Girlfriend, I coulda told you that Ft. Myers is the pits. Here in Florida, people think we have a lot of good beaches but most are either over-crowded (South Beach) or dirty. Next time check out Destin or Clearwater/St. Pete. I am been sooo swooning over that Tarte cheek stain. I am grabbing that ASAP!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Baby Girl said...

The weather was wonderful here in Philly for the holiday weekend, but a tropical beach would have been better.

I've always wanted to try cheek stain , I can see myself ending up looking like a crazy clown.

Tia, do have any pointers for first time stain users?

11:27 AM  
Blogger Schanina said...

Oh Boy! You're Back! So, I am soooo disappointed in how Sixteen Candles ended..don't get me wrong the book was ~FIRE~...but there are so many unanswered questions! And thinking about it, if each book covers a week of school at Armstrong I'll have to wait like 4 years in the publishing world before I get answers (especially to the whole Regina Sixteen Candles Drama) ...aahhh. But anyways I'm glad that you had a fabulous and relaxing beach weekend and are back to shaking your beauty. My work days were BLAH without your witty little posts!

Oh, and what’s the 411 on the book tour for Sixteen Candles? Keep us posted!

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Tia!! it was so nice to meet you at the Total Beauty Summit! The family and I stayed close to home and did the whole burgers and hot dogs bit. We luv to stay home on holidays!!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Mlle M. said...

Good for you for taking Memorial Day into your own hands, even if you did end up in a retirement community. :) I was just reading a story on the founder of Tarte cosmetics in a recent edition of Oprah's mag. She started in her kitchen when she was a grad student!! Isn't that always the way... Anyway, the cheek stain was her first and still most famous product. I am dying to try.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Calming Corners said...

Welcome Back, at least you got some sunshine :) I will have to try these products!

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia what is your tan regimen? i am a sun worshiper in the summer but last summer i noticed im getting freckles. what to do? my mom says stay out of the sun which i simply cannot do. and dont even talk to me about fake tanners...

what are the best products for tanning while still protecting your skin?

comment ladies id love feedback from you as well.

Thanks!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia!! Sunkissed is the BEST color from the cheekstains the BEST! I love it! My mom told me i looked sunburned when I had it on..HAHAHA! So I started using a sponge and blending it down after that.

Sunlove, I use sunblock no matter what (at least SPF 30) and my Nana used to rub lemons on everything after going in the sun. It definitely got rid of a few of my sister's freckles (after the fact of course) and any rust that was on my elbows and knees!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Mlle M. said...

sunlove, your beautiful skin is going to look like leather when you're 40!! If you wear sunscreen you'll still get some color but not so much sun damage...

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Lancome mask is awesome during long haul flights too - if you don't mind getting some funny looks anyway!

7:51 AM  
Blogger beautylogicblog said...

I love love love TArte!

7:41 PM  
Blogger aly marie said...

Ooooo this Tarte cheek stain is amazing! I love the way it looks when I apply it to my cheekbones and bridge of my nose, then lightly put a little bit of Cargo Blush in Laguna (also suggested by Tia (-:) just on the apples of my cheeks . The first day I went to work and wore it EVERYONE complemented me on my glow and asked if I got some! LOL

10:24 AM  
Blogger Virtuous Blue said...

I have heard nothing but great things about Tart. Definitely going to have to add that to the wish list.

Kenya
VB

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home