Friday, February 15, 2008

Fashion Week, Finis!

Hi ladies,
How was your Valentine's Day? Was it full of flowers, and chocolates, and dinners featuring flattering candlelight? Or, perhaps it involved a "we don't care about the mens!" night out with your saucy girlfriends? Or, you could've stayed home, watched Lost (Sayid!!) and eaten delicious pizza leftovers with your cuddly plus-one. Whatever you did, hope it was heaven. I'm in heaven, actually, because this is the final installment of SYB's Fashion Week Favorites (not that I don't love recapping, I'm just itching to get to my Black History Month tribute...!). Anyway, today's post is all about my two favorite skin moments of Fashion Week. Dying to know your thoughts, bellas!
Big Kiss,
Tia

PS...I LOVE that you ladies went all-the-way hard with me about my slipshod cramps contraption. Yes, it was ghetto, and I am ashamed. Yesterday, I ran right out and got the ThermaCare patches, and HELLO? Where have I been? Delightful!!

TIA'S FAVORITE SHOW LOOKS, PART 3

BEST SKIN, FACE: RALPH LAUREN
This is an interesting category because, in terms of beauty, the makeup overpowers everything else at most shows. It was only at Calvin Klein, Jonathon Saunders, and Ralph Lauren (seen here, on Lovely Liyah) that actual good, fresh, radiant skin took precedence over vampy lips and eyes! Simply put? Liyah and her glowy-faced Lauren counterparts looked like their night (and morning, perhaps?) was FAR sexier than mine. Here's the thing. In the mad dash to get the hottest new eyeliner, gloss, or blush, we sometimes forget that if your skin isn't on point, your makeup won't be, either. Enter Prescriptives Instant Gratification Skin Renewal Peel ($45). It's an all-in-one dermabrasion peel treatment that sloughs off dull, dry, dead skin cells and reveals the stunningly radiant skin underneath. Once a week, apply a layer to damp skin, leave on for five minutes, and then massage into your face to release the self-heating properties (so cool). Rinse with lukewarm water, and you're done! Your complexion will thank you. Of course, if you'd rather get glowing using a quicker fix, try Sephora Luminizer in Golden ($6), a sheer, luminous liquid highlighter you can mix into foundation, moisturizer, or blend onto clean, bare skin. It's an old makeup artist trick used to create instant radiance, and it works!



BEST SKIN, BODY: RIHANNA & JOY BRYANT IN MATTHEW WILLIAMSON'S FRONT ROW
Kind of an odd choice, I know--I was supposed to be picking the best skin from the collections--but I'm sorry! I was totally blinded by the supple glowiness radiating from RiRi and Joy as they held court in Williamson's front row. Seriously, they looked like they'd just returned from a month-long jaunt in the Seychelles (which made me instantly, irrationally jealous). The second I got home, I ran into my beauty room, rummaged around in a bin labeled "Faux Sunkissedness," and whipped out my favorite body oil spray, Tarte Moisturizing Dry Oil Shimmer Spray in Celebutante ($28). One spritz of this utterly non-greasy shimmer spray gives your body the sexiest, most natural-looking toasty sheen! Plus, it's scented with coconut oil, so it smells like the beach. Swoon. I don't care if it's the dead of winter and no one but me, Sunshine, and my gyno (must schedule that pap) will be seeing my arms and legs. It'll give me a secret thrill knowing that, underneath my chunky knit sweaters and Wellies, I'm a Tahitian bronze goddess!

13 Comments:

Blogger blackgirl on mars said...

Hey girl! Found you and LOVE the blog. Great to see you still doing your thing--
Love & Good wishes,
the lab

12:02 PM  
Blogger Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Liya's skin looks gorgeous! We really have to take care of our skin so that it can look as good as Liya'!

12:05 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Tia....I recently lucked up on a Clarisonic brush and although they cost alot.....my skin has been perfection ever since. I am all about the radiant skin for Spring!

You watch Lost too??? (I thought I was the only geek!)

2:20 PM  
Blogger Cece said...

Tia how could you post that pic of Rihanna and not even mention that eye makeup? ;-) I've seriously clicked on the pic like 4 times to get a better view. It looks like a bronzy reddish creme color?? Any ideas? Now excuse me while I go whipe my Vicki Secrets bronzy lipstick on my eyelids...

2:49 PM  
Blogger Cece said...

Ps. Also I am so glad to see un-airbrushed pics. Those little bumps on Liyahs head which aren't pimples but just...bumps, I have them and they drive me crazy but I guess I can relax now. I mean if she who has access to the best skin care in the world has them, then there is no way I'm getting rid of them with my neutrogena routine.

And please excuse me for mis-spelling "wipe" that eyeshadow messed up my thinking for a moment lol

2:57 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love your blog!
Rihanna is just stunning. Really. I love her new hair and her makeup always looks impeccable (sp?). Gorgeous!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Lipgloss Luvah! said...

I'm so glad you posted about the Tarte dry oil! I'm going to Jamaica next month and I wanted to get something that smelled good and made my skin all cuddly and glowy! I was going to break down at get the Nars Body Glow with the Tahitian Monoi Oil. You saved me from making a super-expensive purchase! *loves you forever*

PS: Any other things I should bring? It's my first time out of the country and I'm soooo nervous and excited!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Nina (Femme Rationale) said...

Liya is so gorgeous. I saw her in Paris a couple of years ago and I was rendered speechless cuz she was more stunning in person - even w/out a stitch of make-up and jeans and a white tee. I would hate her for being flawless if she wasn't so darn sweet.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Mikaela said...

Love all the beautiful skin. Ralph Lauren always knows to put being classic & beautiful above being outre. Totally relatable clothes and make-up.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Schanina said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Schanina said...

Muchas Gracias for your fashion week wrap up. I am feelin the forehead band..it's different, but I'd rock it. I also agree with the others who say flawless skin is a trend that's always in style.Once again, thanks for the tips.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia, have you tried the Prescriptives product? Does it REALLY work well? I have nice skin now but alwyas looking for something to make it better! ALSO, what's your suggestion for whiteheads? You know, especial around the nose area? Luv ya much!

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the ladies interested in the Sephora luminizer get it NOW - it is being phased out which is why it is only $6 and is now only available on the site until it is sold out

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home