Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Fashion Week Parte Dos

Hi girls,
Ugh, I have CRAAAMPS. The worst. I've created this whole contraption situation where I wrap my hot water bottle around my tummy with a faux-Pucci scarf and then connect it to my UVA sweatshirt with a claw hairclip. A wildly sexy thing for my husband to come home to. Listen to me getting off track...today, I'm all about bringing you the second installment of my Fashion Week favorites! This one's all about my two standout hair moments. Hope you like!

TIA'S FAVE SHOW LOOKS, PART 2

BEST HAIR ACCESSORY: THE FOREHEAD-BAND (Anna Sui)
Fabulous, embellished headbands were all over the fall 2008 runways, at shows like
Erin Fetherston, Herve Leger, and Anna Sui, where models like the glorious Jessica Stam (love! she's so FELINE!) stalked the catwalk in this feathered number. There's something about rocking a headband across the forehead, Latoya Jackson-in-We-Are-the-World-style, that's so funky, so chic, so hot gypsy girl! Especially when you wear it with a center part and straight, flatironed hair (the length doesn't matter, FYI). It's such an easy way to sex it up on a bad hair day!

I searched far and wide for an affordable alternative, and found this Double-Braided Headwrap ($10) at Urban Outfitters...it's missing the feathers, but I think the simplicity makes it oh-so-wearable for everyday (it'll look more like Mary Kate, left). Sign me up, yo.




FAVORITE HAIR, ALL-AROUND: 1940'S CURLS (Diane Von Furstenburg)
I was surprised to see big, bouncy, glossy curls making a major comeback this season, everything from 70s Breck Girl at DKNY to my hands-down favorite, the World War 2-era, film noir-ish 'dos at DVF (that's new face Joan Smalls rocking the look...isn't she pretty?). I just love the volume and the studied sexiness of it all. This is not a rumpled, just-rolled-out-of bed look. No, it looks like you had it set, old-school style, and there's something so glamorous about the effort, don't you think? Here's how you make it happen. First, apply a dollop of heat protecting cream allover your hair, from roots to tip (I heart Farouk Chi Straight Guard Smoothing Styling Cream ($16)--my Dominican stylist, Adelina, uses it and it makes my hair soo soft and shiny!). Separate your hair into one-inch sections and curl each with a curling iron. Then, using a scrunchie so you won't get a crease, pile your hair on top of your head and create four pin curls (ie, wrap each of the four sections around your finger and bobbie-pin it just outside the scrunchie...it'll look like a bun). Hang out for about twenty minutes, then undo the bun and shake out your curls. Create a side-part, finger-style, and spritz with a frizz-fighting, glossifying hairspray like
Kiehls Climate-Proof Shine-Enhancing Hairspray ($14.50). Voila! You're gorgeous, honey!
xoxo,
Tia

HUGE NON-FASHION WEEK RELATED PS!













I got several emails from my SYB Babes begging me to find out the name of the hot pink lipstick Alicia Keys wore at the Grammy's. Girls, I got on it, and I can tell you with the utmost authority that the shade was Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in Fuchsia Poplin ($24.50 ). Huge thanks to the Dior girls for tipping me off!

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yay hot pink lips... Just another color to make me look washed out and PALE. Oh well... lol

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry but no. I hope that headband thing does not catch on. Some things are better left on the runway...or 1971.

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey tia,

this is kinda off topic but can u recommend a good brow highlighter for me as i am currently using mac soba and i believe i there must be better.

3:48 AM  
Blogger Calming Corners said...

Hope you feel better, it also helps if you put the 2 liter of hot water on your feet.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am all about the heat pads (not the ICY HOT that was recalled). You can stick them to your underwear and it stays warm for 8 hours. It's not bulky so you can still wear your skinny jears with it. That way I'm getting relief all day long without lugging a heating pad.

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/detail?prodid=350745&previousURI=/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/search?ActiveCat=499^Query=menstrual+relief+heat+pads

Kiera

10:32 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Tia...may I highly recommend Aleve in large doses.

Hot pink lips will be hot for the summer.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Nina (Femme Rationale) said...

Oh that hair...everything else looked so great. You should find out what they were thinking when they decided on that 'do for Alicia. :/

Hope you feel better...I find a couple of Midols and some heat application does the trick for me.

11:19 AM  
Blogger P.S. I love this... said...

Love the pink lip color. My friend has cramps that are a motha'.. she started taking blackstrap molasses and she says that the pain has let up 80%

3:33 PM  
Blogger The Brunchnista said...

CAN YOU PLEASE BY SOME THERMACARE HEATING PATCHES PACKS AT DUANE READE FOR MENSTRUAL CRAMPS AND STEP IN TO THE 21ST CENTURY! YOU SOUND LIKE ME USING THE TOM& TOM ORANGE JUICE FILLED WITH HOT WATER AT WORK...BACK IN THE DAY.
THIS IS THE TRUTH! TRY IS SO YOU CAN HAVE YOUR SEXY BACK!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

3:51 PM  
Blogger A*E* said...

I'm soo loving the headband trend! I would definately rock that! Tia, check out my blog!

Glamour is cocaine
http://glamcrack.blogspot.com

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for pin curl tip! Now I can stay away from the curling iron.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of topic...

Tia is a satin skirt appropriate work attire?

I tend to think no, but my opinion is not shared.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Anon who wanted to use another brow highlighter other Soba. Check out this link from Specktra.net (online MAC fan & resource site)
www.specktra.net/f270/your-favorite-highlighting-shades-57265/

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.specktra.net/f270/your-favorite-
highlighting-shades-57265/

Hopefully, this link will work better for u.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Mikaela said...

I am so so so going to try the DVF curls - mine never seem to stay and that is my ideal hairstyle!

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home