Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Spray you, spray me

Hey Muchachitas,
This was NOT a good week for your trusty beauty adventuress. Mama was in the hospital for four days over the weekend for, what else, epic migraines (sooo unsexy...and my roommate SMOKED in our hosptial room, have you ever?). So I'm a little behind, but I'll be back next week with the promised "Share Your Beauty" post...and thanks so much for all of your fabulous product suggestions! Can I just say, very quickly though, YAY FOR DANIELLE tonight!! Finally, an America's Next Top Model winner who could actually kick some real ass on somebody's runway--though if there was an award for the Most Insanely Perfect Pictures Taken by a Shockingly Ordinary-Looking Girl, Joanie would win. And omigod, did you guys see my commerical during the show!! I started really feeling myself, and then I tripped over nothing on the way to the kitchen to make an ice-cream soda. Yep, I'm still just Tia from the Block.

Okay ladies, so until next week! First, though, I wanna leave you with one beauty nugget before I race off to the Romantic Times Convention this weekend. Yesterday--on New York City's rainiest day of the year--I was photographed for a Marie Claire fashion story (it'll be in the August issue...yay!). I was so worried that my Farrah flip wouldn't have a CHANCE of surviving in the humidity, but then the wildly sexy Italian stylist whipped out SEBASTIAN LAMINATES HAIR SPRAY--and OH! Clearly, brown girls are not into hairspray, as it just makes our hair sticky and it gets all flaky and dull-looking. But this one not only has frizz-fighting ingredients, its chock full of silicone shine enhancers--so it gives great hold WHILE boosting shine AND keeping your 'do frizz-free during torrential downpours. And you know what? It really did all that. Now if it could only finish writing my teen book for me.

love ya mean it,
tia

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better. I freaked when I saw your commercial too - I am so happy for you sista. Anyhoo, I will be anxiously awaiting your next post.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Cece said...

Doesn't it seem like it took ANTM forever to pick a "real" model?? But better late than never I guess.
Hope you feel better, take it easy chica!

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia, this is my first time commenting (although I have been an anonumous reader from the begining), but when I heard that your were in hospital, I just HAD to drop you a line saying I hope that you are feeling much better.

Im going to have to scour the earth (our maybe just the local newsagents) for that marie claire issue. I refuse to miss it.

Anyways, thank you for all of your Beauty Posts. I was looking back at the different products you have recomended over the past year, and you have over 100. (I think, maths isnt my strong point, as my current 10th grade maths teacher would tell you).

I wish I was in the country-or had quicktime- to see the famous commercial. But it has yet go come to England yet. Or as far as I know.

Looking forward to your next post...In the mean time, Im off onto the train, Im going shopping in Covent Gardens! YEY!

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia, this is my first time commenting (although I have been an anonumous reader from the begining), but when I heard that your were in hospital, I just HAD to drop you a line saying I hope that you are feeling much better.

Im going to have to scour the earth (our maybe just the local newsagents) for that marie claire issue. I refuse to miss it.

Anyways, thank you for all of your Beauty Posts. I was looking back at the different products you have recomended over the past year, and you have over 100. (I think, maths isnt my strong point, as my current 10th grade maths teacher would tell you).

I wish I was in the country-or had quicktime- to see the famous commercial. But it has yet go come to England yet. Or as far as I know.

Looking forward to your next post...In the mean time, Im off onto the train, Im going shopping in Covent Gardens! YEY!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you were in the hospital!! ARGH! My best friend suffers from migranes and she is usually knocked out for days. Feel better.

I was/am so proud of Danielle! Yea Brown Girls.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We finally have a brown-skinned beauty representing for ANTM!! I was superhyped for Danielle. I hope she gets tons of work. I will definitely check out that hairspray because this Texas humidity is no punk and curls are gone in under T minus 5 seconds.. Thanks Tia

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so shocked that Danielle won, let alone make it to the final two considering all the "accent hate" Tyra was giving Danielle. I am so happy that she won! I can't wait to see her "My Life as a Covergirl" next cycle!
Now, I am off to get that hairspray since I am no longer sporting my "mixed gurl curls."

9:48 AM  
Blogger Schanina said...

Shut yo mouth and say it aint so." I thought for sure they were going to use her accent against her even though there are so many stars that have had speech lessons (or need them). I am so glad they gave her a shot.

I hope you are feeling better! I saw coverage of last year's Romantic Time's Convention on 60 minutes. Damsels in distress…sword fights….you are going to have to be super energized for that event!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww chica, I hope you're feeling better. I'm praying for you.

Make sure you remind us to pick up Marie Claire--my mind is bad and I don' want to miss it!

And make sure you all flip through Vibe's June issue (out now!) to see our brown ANTM girls (Nik, Toccara & Bre) in the CUTEST 6pg spread for SoftSheen Carson!

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better grrrl!!
Yay for Danielle and her Alabama twang... (it is alabama right?)
When I saw you pop on the tube with the Olay commercial during ANTM, of course I screamed "Hay!!! Tia's on TV!!!!!" to everyone around, (who only happened to be Steve and the cat...) Steve reminded me that I yell like a banshee EVERYTIME the commericial comes on and he knows who it is so please keep it down... LOL Love Ya!!

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, PS:
YOU NEED A MYSPACE GIRLFRIEND.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better..

1:50 PM  
Blogger Elle* said...

Hey!
First time coming in to comment on your blog. Been reading for a short time and I JUST read ur book after a friend referred me here! Awww, chica, sorry u were in hospital! Feel better! Thanks to you, I know that us Browngirls can wear Bronzer!

Smooches!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better!

Take care,

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if anyone has used "miss opps - pedicure in a bottle"? Or similar products?
Let me know.. Thanks

10:13 AM  
Blogger Cece said...

Tia I missed you so much I was in the archives trying to get a fix. Deep in the archives, and on the post a Skin Shame 6/14 you noted you don't get anymore zits on your face...but then left us hanging when it comes to body acne. Can I just say this morning I got to work with my cute shortsleeve - neck/bow tie shirt and noticed I have a pimple on my chest!! Ugghh! I feel like a leper. And I'm not sure if makeup is okay to cover it. If anyone knows anything please help.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home