Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Howard Part Dieux

Hey Precious,
I'm totally back at Howard this weekend! If you live in the Washington DC errea ('cause that's how they say it down there) and are interested in a magazine career--I'll be speaking on yet another Howard University panel this Friday, April 7th! The Howard University Association of Black Journalists’ Young Journalists are having a fabulous media seminar this weekend, and my panel is called "Everybody Who’s Anybody Has a Book: Journalists Turned Authors" (2:45-4:00 at the Armour J. Blackburn Center on campus). I'm living for that title. Sharing the stage with me are: Scott Poulson-Bryant, founding editor of Vibe, senior editor of America and author of Hung; and Ayana Byrd, Deputy Editor of VibeVixen and co-author of Naked. Fun, yes? If you're really down, you've gotta check out this fine schedule:

Panel 1: Your Dream Internship: How to Get It and How to Make It Work (9:00am-10: 30am)
1. Mary Major, host, Quiet on the Set
2. Julee Anastasia Wilson, Editorial Assistant, Real Simple
3. Keyonna Summers, Metro Desk Reporter, The Washington Times
4. Amanda Nembhard, Howard University ’07 (MODERATOR)

Panel 2: What It’s Really Like: Journalists of Color in Mainstream Media (10:45am-12: 15pm)
1. Lee Ivory, Executive Editor, USA TODAY Sports Weekly
2. Brian Stockton, Reporter, Reuters America
3. Nikole Killian, Community Reporter, ABC 7-Washington
4. Portia Robertson, Senior Producer, Washington Bureau, ABC
5. Whitney Elaine Teal, Howard University ’07 (MODERATOR)

Lunch will be served from 12:15pm-1: 15pm

Panel 3: The Future of Media: Online Journalism (1:00pm-2: 30pm)
1. Jared Degnan, host of podcast, 20something Marketing
2. Clover Hope, Associate Editor, Billboard.com
3. Craig Creekmur, Founder, Allhiphop.com
4. John Kennedy, Vibe.com, Howard University ’07 (MODERATOR)

Panel 4: Everybody Who’s Anybody Has A Book: Journalists turned Authors (2:45pm-4:00pm)
1. Tia Williams, author of The Accidental Diva, former beauty director, TeenPeople
2. Ayana Byrd, co-author of Naked, deputy editor, VibeVixen (INVITED)
3. Scott Poulson-Bryant, author of Hung, editor, America
4. Michael Arceneaux, Howard University ’06, President, HUABJ (MODERATOR)

Hopefully I'll see some of you ladies there. If not, have a lovely rest of the week and keep shaking your beauty, Beauty!
miss tia

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

2:45 count me in!

9:47 PM  
Blogger whitney said...

Thanks for the shout out Tia! Can't wait to meet ya!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Thanks for the shout out, Tia. :)

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you can *unfortunatley* count me out, but congrats on doin' yo thang, chica! Plus, I'm very, I mean VERY light skinned, anyway... Ha ha ha :)

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been a reader of your page for a while so I figured I'd leave a comment. I LOVED your book The Accidental Diva. Loved it! I actually went to grad school with your sister Lauren. =)

Keep doing your thing Ms. Tia. Have a great time at Howard and I look forward to your next novel!

Peace & Blessings

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmph. I'm sorry I'm going to miss you yet again! Maybe you'll come to the *ahem* REAL HU's FABULOUS Journalism School in the NEAR future. Until then, I'll settle for being there in spirit. Have a GREAT time.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun Tia!

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey tia.

you will never recall this, but i met you when i was doing PR for lip lingerie with dianne brill and winnie from siren. just wanted to send a note and tell you i am so proud of you - and also to mention that there is at least 1 man (in Europe, natch) following your blog.
i read accidental diva (in 20 hours) last year (and loved it) and have since followed your blog. your brand of wit and charm and downright sass is such a pick me up. congratulations on everything (you're lookin fab in the commercial) and i look forward to hearing and seeing and reading so much more from you.

chapeau to ya!
chris

12:49 PM  
Blogger Charreah said...

Great to see you again and thanks for your strong support of Howard! You and Scott made me realize you don't need to rush in to publishing. And your dad was a riot! I can sooo see my dad telling people how he inspired me to write:)

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://sojxbnfv.com/ikbp/iwya.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://phcymecc.com/gigq/xdxa.html]Cool site[/url]

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://sojxbnfv.com/ikbp/iwya.html | http://szwfjznm.com/nfih/thtj.html

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home