Monday, February 27, 2006

Who’s that girl?

Hola Chicas,
Many of you seemed to be hair-over-heels in love with my number five favorite look from New York Fashion Week--the center-parted, flatironed-within-an-inch-of-its-life, sleeker-than-sleek ‘do seen at shows like Carolina Hererra. Well, I might just be the biggest fan yet. For your viewing pleasure, behold a pic of yours truly rocking my version of the Babe Blowout. Ladies, is this a sexy thirty-year-old, or what (assuming you’re ignoring the tacky sunglasses-tan leftover from my Turks & Caicos vacay)? Truth be told, in an attempt to remind myself that I used to be cute, I’ve gazed at this picture often over the past two weeks because I had my wisdom teeth taken out and currently look like I’m storing walnuts in my cheeks. That’s why I’ve been missing for the past week or so. I’m still on an assortment of drugs, but I wanted to let you all know that I’m coming back at the end of the week with some beauty stuff that’ll truly light your fire, burn your stick, fan your flame.

I also wanted to give a very special shout-out to your friend and mine, Shanina, one of the most devoted Shake Your Beauty regulars. Would you believe what this crazy, impetuous girl did? I went to my mailbox the other day to find a mysterious package from the most unlikely of places...Peculiar, MO! Turns out, as a thank-you for bringing you guys the best in beauty (and as a much-needed jolt of energy for late-night writing sessions), Precious Shanina had sent me one of the most scrumptious-smelling candles, evah—Beanpod Soy Wax Candle in Vanilla Coffee. Not only do I literally want to INHALE the scent, the wax is made of soy, which makes for a much cleaner burn—none of that soot buildup on the side of the candle, and on your walls and ceilings. Fabulous! Thank you from the bottom of my corazon, Lovely Shanina. You couldn’t imagine how much your gift and delightful thank-you note moved me. Seriously, one of my favorite things about Shake Your Beauty is the community of brilliant, beautiful, dynamic, and infinitely clever young ladies it’s created. I’m so lucky to know you all. So, keep writing in and I’ll keep reporting on the sexiest, best and brightest beauty stuff out there. That is, when the Percodan wears off.

See you later this week!

Love,
Numb McNumby

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia, congratulations on your blog, it is wonderful. As a beauty junkie myself, I can truly relate. I purchased your book last year when it came out and absolutely loved it. I have bought copies of the paperback edition for my 3 nieces in Houston who are graduating as part of their gift packages. Of course, a few of the beauty items will be included to set them on their collegiate way. I am wondering what do you think is the best way to get started in freelance writing.

Thank you and may the "lip gloss be with you."

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia, you look absolutely fabuloso!

Wisdom teeth, ouch. Hope you feel better soon. We need you daily dose of beauty!

Adige

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh . . . I hope you have a speedy recovery. Tooth pain is no joke! Anyhoo, thanks for the lovely pix and I can't wait for your next update. Take care Tia.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Schanina said...

No problem Tia. Glad you liked the scent. Oh, and get well soon. Those people who claim to look and feel flawless after tooth surgery are lying. I was out of commission for a while and I looked like a chipmunk.

Schanina

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tia! I just wanted to say that I LOVE your beauty blog. I look forward to checking it out at work. Especially on cold Mondays such as today. Meanwhile, I wanted to get your advice. Help me please!!! I'm a dark-skinned sista (same complexion as your friend Lola). What make-up (foundation and lip glosses) does she use??? Her make-up looks fabulous in your pictures. And I'm having a hard time trying to find anything halfway decent for my skin tone. Please help!!! I would really appreciate it. :-)

Sincerely,
Fabulous-ly Challenged

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One word, FIERCE!! Work it Tia ..heh

5:40 PM  
Blogger shimmerliciousdiva said...

GO girl Tia! You are rockin' that hair! Hope you feel better. Tooth pain is no joke. (Though I'm sure you still look fabulous even with the pain :)
And to "Fabulous-ly Challenged"- I know what you mean, I'm somewhere between Tia's friend Lola's and Naomi Campbell's complexion and it is tough for a dark-skinned girl to find the perfect shade of lipgloss, eye-shadow, foundation,etc. I keep buying cosmetics that look pretty in the case and stuff but they turn out to be not as they appear, too light, stuff like that...So Tia, when you feel better, please help us dark-skinned sistahs to shake our beauties too.

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tia
Hope you feel better soon and yes your blowout is looking too cute!!! Me and my ~wind-blown, dry no matter how much perfect for perms I use, hat covered,dull~ hair is so jealous!! But spring will be here soon enough for me to break out the new color and the cute styles. Get well and get back.

PS. I am not a dark skinned sista but my lil sis, Dominique, is... and I am always hawking products to her left and right but she tells me she stays with MAC for when she ~or more correctly my mom~ is feeling generous and Loreal for her typicla colloeg poor days. She also loves Lancome foundation and as Tia recommended the Tarte lipglosses. Hope this helps hold you over until our Queen of Beauty Info can come back!

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tia! I need some advice for acne prone skin. I love make-up but everything I try breaks me out. Any suggestions? Please Help!

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is absolutely adorable!!! After reading Accidental Diva I was very curious in learning how does one become an accessories editor? I loved that the main character got a free Fendi bag, FABULOUS! The pictures section almost brought me to tears I love to see such personal pictures, and I LOVEthe one of your grandmother.....This is my first time visiting but i'm sure I'll be back.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia,

Love your hair (and the sunglasses!)

I'm guessing that it's all your hair, but do you have any suggestions for hairweaves, such as places to buy hair and to get a weave done?

And, I am dark-skinned like some of the other ladies, so I can't wait to see your makeup suggestions for foundation, lip glosses, etc.

Thanks!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Shelia said...

Tia, I love that hair style. Queen Latifah sported in a Cover Girl ad.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww feel better soon little suggah! *hug*

Ok, so you know you have to post what products you use in the blowout. I use a Chi flatiron when I straighten with a lil bit of Biosilk for good measure.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home