Sunday, July 10, 2005

My cup runneth over (but I'm doggy-paddling in the spillage)

Hello ladies!!
First, THANK YOU for all your incredible, funny, encouraging emails (especially VADAMSEL… you, your sis, two kids and boyfriend are in mi corazon). I’m tickled fuchsia that you like me, you really like me, and I adored your gentle-but-firm admonishments for not including your favorite glosses on the Tia’s Top Ten Lip Essentials list. It makes me feel so vindicated, your passionate product loyalty, as it proves I am not the only cosmetics crackhead willing to ride or die for her MAC Lipglass!

And yes, I’ve been missing as long as Mariah holds that last warble on “We Belong Together,” but I’ve had QUITE the couple of weeks!! Some very exciting projects have been thrown my way, so I’ve been somewhat distracted—not to mention working every second I get on my novel (which is finally sputtering along n-n-n-nicely). Here’s what’s been going on with me!

Forever and consistently shaking my beauty and you better do the same, bitch,
Tia

1.) Me, my apartment, and my metrosexual Miniature Pinscher have just been photographed for an October feature in Glamour magazine (it hits stands in September…look for it!!), tentatively titled “Creative Women and Their Spaces.” Have you EVER? Chappie wore a beautiful red prep school-esque sweatshirt over a stiff-colored white oxford shirt. Very back to school hot (he looked like Seth Cohen from the OC). And I wore fabulous fall frocks from Max Azria and Nanette Lepore—both very bohemian luxe. The best part? The Glamour folks brought in a red chaise lounge, and as I lay there, draped languorously across the thing with my handsome pooch in my lap, the camera snapping away, I thought to myself, “Okay, this makes up for the mortification of turning THIRTY in August.”

2.) Starting on Monday, www.bet.com's beauty page will feature a link to “Shake Your Beauty!” Just go to "beauty" on the left column of the home page, then scroll down and click on the "Shake Your Beauty!" icon (my saucy illustration) to access. Pass it on!

3.) For the second year in a row, I’m signing books and speaking on one of the many fabulous panels at THE black literary event of the year, the so-called "Mecca of Black Literature"…The Harlem Book Fair! On Saturday, July 23rd, literally every black author (from Zane, Toure, and Nelson George to Cornel West and Bebe Moore Campbell) will be somewhere among the 250 or so tents along 135th St. in Harlem, selling and signing books, doing readings, speaking on panels. Its an orgy of booklovers (at least 5,000 folks a day) and books…you won’t have to go to the bookstore for a year! Anyway, last year my panel was “Love, Lust and Lies” (needless to say, the “Down Low” guy was one of the panelists), and this year, it’s “The Enigma of Beauty.” Oooooh. And my very own Fairy GodModel, Iman, just informed me that she's on the same panel!!! Cannot, cannot wait. If you’re anywhere near New York City, you MUST attend.

4.) Anybody gonna be in Atlanta from September 30th to October 2nd? I’ve been invited to read, sign and participate on author panels at the Million Reunion/Consumer Expo at The Omni Hotel in downtown Atlanta (click here for list of authors, schedules, tickets, etc.) It’s sort of a reunion of the 1963 March on Washington, the Million Man March, and The Million Woman March—expect tons of exhibiters, celebrities, entertainment, interesting panels, etc. Lets get positive, people.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shelia said...

Congrats. I'll be sure to pick up that issue of Glamour.

9:06 AM  
Blogger LaShaunda said...

Congrats on Glamour!

Haven't read one of those since I as teen. I'll have the grab the issue.

Have fun at Harlem Book fair. I love watching it on book t.v.

LaShaunda

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOoooooOOOOO!!! I am so excited for you...and thanks for the heads up about the book fair. If I see you out there I will come by to get a book autographed.

Congrats on the Glamour feature also!!!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Nina said...

Congrats on glamour and I will try to stop by the bookfair

11:12 AM  
Blogger LaShaunda said...

Hi Tia,

I picked up a just for me magazine and they recommended your book for a summer read. I thought how cool.

CONGRATS!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY TIA! Please keep up the great work!! (Might suprise you, but I actually a norm here on your blog haha)

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情人歡愉用品,情惑用品性哥,情人用品性哥,情趣用品,AIO交友愛情館,情人歡愉用品,美女視訊,情色交友,情人用品性哥,視訊交友,辣妹視訊,美女交友,性愛,嘟嘟成人網,按摩棒,震動按摩棒,微調按摩棒,情趣按摩棒,逼真按摩棒,G點,跳蛋,跳蛋,跳蛋,性感內衣,飛機杯,充氣娃娃,情趣娃娃,角色扮演,性感睡衣,後庭區,SM,潤滑液,情趣禮物,威而柔,香水,精油,芳香精油,自慰,自慰套,性感吊帶襪,情趣用品加盟,情人節禮物,情人節,吊帶襪,辣妹視訊,美女交友,情色交友,成人交友,視訊聊天室,美女視訊,視訊美女,情色視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊交友,視訊聊天,AIO交友愛情館,嘟嘟成人網,成人貼圖,成人網站,AIO交友愛情館,情色,情色貼圖,情色文學,情色交友,色情聊天室,色情小說,七夕情人節,色情,A片,A片下載,免費A片,免費A片下載,情色視訊,情色電影,色情網站,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,情色視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,美女視訊,視訊美女,美女交友,美女,情色交友,成人交友,自拍,本土自拍,情人視訊網,視訊交友90739,生日禮物,情色論壇,正妹牆,正妹,成人網站,A片,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,AV女優,成人影片,色情A片,成人論壇,情趣

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home