Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Because you're worth it

RANDOM AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL QUOTE, #5
Keenya:
"Because I'm black, I always wanted to come to Africa before I died. Because I'm black, this experience means more to me than them. Because I'm black, I feel like home. I just got so emotional standing in the cell where Nelson Mandela, like, LIVED [wait, is he alive or dead?] because, you know, I'm....."

Britney:
"OHMYGODSHHHUUUTUUUP!!!!!"


Hey ladies! First things first, we have a winner! Please raise your glasses to Miss Kim J. of Illinois, the very first winner of my very first Product of the Month contest. Just to recap, the trivia question was: WHERE WAS JAY AND BILLIE'S FIRST DATE?"--and she quickly and correctly answered, The Biography Bookstore (she's read the book three times, so had she gotten it wrong, I would've suggested someone submit her for testing)! Of course, tons of you got this right, but Miss Kim J. was the only one to answer within roughly 2.5 seconds. Practice your trigger finger and better luck next time. Yay Miss Kim! Your fabulous Stila Midnight Bloom collection is already on the way.

Muchachitas, I was SO EXCITED by how many of you had read and loved the book! But I must admit, something has been keeping me up at night. I got emails from a couple of you saying you hadn't read the book and didn't even know who Billie and Jay were--but hey, keep up the beauty tips! I'm a sensitive artiste, folks, and my feelings were hurt. I felt like the ugly girl in high school that tutored all the guys to straight A's but stayed home on prom night (oh wait, that actually WAS me). You are my readers! I write for YOU! Becoming the next Jackie Collins aint "ACCIDENTAL," lambchops!

(Oh, don't mind me. It's been a bad week. I'm experiencing major writer's block, leaving me an emotional mess prone to violent crying jags that terrify my tiny, metrosexual dog. Hence, I must keep today's post short in order to go back to actively Not Writing a Goddamn Thing).

A lot of you have asked me what to do when your sexy streaks, allover dye job, temporary color or even your natural shade goes blaaah. Sadly, the blame is ours--the color stars off very "Feria commercial," but add blow-dryers, relaxers, Japanese straightening treatments, flat-irons, curling-irons and all the other pulling, tugging, and general man-handling--and of course your glistening, gorgeous shade will morph into chemically annihilated, heat-damaged, dull, brassy mess. Everyone's aware of the moisturizing conditioners and shampoos that'll nurse your chemically annihilated, heat-damaged mop back to health--but what to do in the meantime? Well, celebs and vip's go to salons for glossing toners, which not only restores and brightens color by balancing out brassiness, but also coats dull hair with a sheer, glassy sheen. Now, you can recapture your sparkling, sexy shade AT HOME, with
L'oreal Tone Refiner Balancing Toning Gloss
--it's only $8.23, works in FIVE MINUTES, and you don't have to wait 'til 2009 for an appointment on Madison Ave!
xoxo,
tia

6 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

Does that gloss work on uncolored hair? Because I started my "summer natural" 'do about three months ago, and, uh, the dull-and-frizzies have taken OVER!

Also, I saw the pic of your pooch. Adorabley metrosexual, indeed!

And finally--puh-leeez. We've seen the pics of YOU: if you were the ugly girl sitting at home on prom night, I'll eat my LUSH soft-coeur choco-massage bar. Actually, I've been dying to do that anyway.

Good luck with your writer's block! We hope it goes away soon :D

9:35 PM  
Blogger Tia Williams said...

Hey Sid,
It totally works on hair that isn't colored--a great thing, because even virgin hair can lose its luster after all abuse it suffers at the hands of blowdryers, flatirons, the sun, harsh heaters and air conditioners, etc. Try it, you'll LOVE it.

consistently and forever shaking my beauty,
miss tia if you're nasty

12:13 PM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Tia, promise to snag a copy of the book!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Shelia said...

The way I deal with writer's block is I take time away from the computer. I'll go get a manicure, pedicure or just enjoy a peaceful walk in the park.

Once I do that, I'm able to come back with a clear mind.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY excited... I got this today... After a quick trip to the DR last week, my highlights are BEYOND brassy and fried... And I used a Redkin cleating shampoo to remove cholrine and saltwater... I even brought a Joico KPak recontructor to sleep in and doused my hair in castor oil on the plane ride home. Result still a brillo pad of curls... Contemplating dying my whole head my "natural color" if that makes sense :-P

Thanks Tia - I will let y'all know if this work!

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It worked GREAT! Made it very shiny and helped my frizziness... I think it helped the brassiness or at least was a placebo...

Thanks SOOO much Tia :-)

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home