Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hi my name is Tia and I'm a shameles self-promoter

Hey Y'all,

How's everyone? First off, thank you for your concern about my New Orleans family--they're all safe in Houston and doing well. I just found out that my brilliant cousin Max, a 16-year-old jazz musician/child prodigy (who was attending a school of the arts in New Orleans) was able to start the school year at Houston's performing arts high school. I'd been so worried about him, but luckily, Houston area schools have been so welcoming during this horrible time (go 'head, H-town!). And guess what? My brave, brave, SPECIAL mommy is volunteering in either Louisiana, Georgia or Mississippi for a month, starting this Friday. She'll find out where's she's placed when she goes for training in Orlando. I couldn't be more proud. Everybody, pray for her!!

And now, on to the business of beauty. This week your intrepid beauty boss is nosing around backstage at the New York Spring 2006 fashion shows, collecting all the hottest and haute-est trends (and gossip) for you straight from the source! Isnt' that exciting? So, be expecting a full report next Monday.

In the meantime, scroll down on the right side to check out my updated "Obsessions" list for Fall, and while you're down there, check out September's new Stila Product of the Month (you'll just die). To win one of your own, be the first to correctly answer this easy bit of ACCIDENTAL DIVA trivia:

"WHICH LEGENDARY "DU JOUR" STAFF MEMBER DO BILLIE AND HER COLLEAGUES REFER
TO AS A "HASBIAN?"

By the way, guess who's having the greatest publicity week ever? Clues are available in the new October issue of Glamour, where me, my apartment, and my doggie appear in an article called "I WANT HER HOUSE!" Cute, right? Oh, and as a result of his newfound fame, Chappie the Dog is currently interviewing publicists, if anyone's interested. Also, you must check out GLAM.COM, a fabulous new fashion shopping site. Not only is the editing pitch-perfect, but I'm profiled on their "Stylemakers" page, along with my fall fashion and beauty favorites! To check it out, click on PEOPLE, then STYLEMAKERS, then BEAUTY--first, you have to register, though, but its SO worth it!

8 Comments:

Blogger DivaSoulSistaHuneyChil said...

It is good to hear that your family is safe! I found my family as well in Mississippi, so I am really happy. I have a question totally off topic! I am a PR major at Howard (because there is no Magazine major) English minor but my out of college passion is to be involved with the beauty and fashion side of a magazine! WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT GETTING INTERNSHIPS/JOBS?! HELLPPPP anyone (hopefully tia) but anyone who knows!

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luxe,

I'm a senior j-school student at UM at College Park (20-minutes) from HU. I'd be more than happy to help you out with your internship search. There are so many internship opportunities available, you just gotta know where to look and how to work it! And I also know of a beauty-op that might interest you, too. How can I reach you?

Your sistah in the struggle!

HC!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Shelia said...

I'm glad to hear your family is okay. I live in Louisiana and it was a week before I had heard from everyone I knew...so I know how you was feeling...congrats on the article, I'll check it out.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Schanina said...

Glad your mom is helping out! That area needs to be saved, so much culture would be lost. People in my MBA classes have been talking what I'm calling Ugly Economics. They say the area shouldn't be saved cause it may happen again. Boo...on them. I've read stats on levees, and those levees should have been stronger- as a precaution-in the first place.

But on to beauty: Can't wait to see the new Glamour, and I love your new must haves for the Fall. I've also tried that Tarte Cheek Stain before. I like it, but I am afraid of blush. I don't want to look too overdone. What’s the best way to apply it?

Once again, I’m being long-winded. **Prayers for your family**

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you use the Tarte Check Stain?

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You swipe the cheek stain -- which is kind of the consistency of hard gel deodorant, but in a good way -- along the same area you would apply your blush brush. From the apple of your cheek upward across your cheek bone. Then blend with your fingers. I use it all the time and it looks so much more natural than powdered blush!

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another great site to check out is www.palacinka.com There are so many beauty products and reviews for all types of women.

-MJ

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情人歡愉用品,情惑用品性哥,情人用品性哥,情趣用品,AIO交友愛情館,情人歡愉用品,美女視訊,情色交友,情人用品性哥,視訊交友,辣妹視訊,美女交友,性愛,嘟嘟成人網,按摩棒,震動按摩棒,微調按摩棒,情趣按摩棒,逼真按摩棒,G點,跳蛋,跳蛋,跳蛋,性感內衣,飛機杯,充氣娃娃,情趣娃娃,角色扮演,性感睡衣,後庭區,SM,潤滑液,情趣禮物,威而柔,香水,精油,芳香精油,自慰,自慰套,性感吊帶襪,情趣用品加盟,情人節禮物,情人節,吊帶襪,辣妹視訊,美女交友,情色交友,成人交友,視訊聊天室,美女視訊,視訊美女,情色視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊交友,視訊聊天,AIO交友愛情館,嘟嘟成人網,成人貼圖,成人網站,AIO交友愛情館,情色,情色貼圖,情色文學,情色交友,色情聊天室,色情小說,七夕情人節,色情,A片,A片下載,免費A片,免費A片下載,情色視訊,情色電影,色情網站,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,情色視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,美女視訊,視訊美女,美女交友,美女,情色交友,成人交友,自拍,本土自拍,情人視訊網,視訊交友90739,生日禮物,情色論壇,正妹牆,正妹,成人網站,A片,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,AV女優,成人影片,色情A片,成人論壇,情趣

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home