Thursday, March 12, 2009

Essence! Cargo Lipgloss! Jourdan!


Hi ladies,
Wheee! BIG NEWS!! After eleven years in the biz, I've published my very first cover story! Check out the new, April 09 issue of Essence magazine...I wrote the cover piece on Iman, Taraji P. Henson and Serena Williams! It was so much fun interviewing them (since it was way before Benjamin Button even opened, I didn't ask Taraji any Brad-centric questions. You know, things like...is he as gorgeous in person? Did he try to adopt you?). I'd tell you all about my experiences with the ladies, but then you wouldn't pick up the issue. Go get it, girls! Sigh. Mama's proud.

Okay, enough bragging. Onto what you came here for. Muchachitas, it takes a lot to get me all hot and bothered over a lip gloss. As you well know, I'm happy enough rocking my ages-old Revlon Lustrous Lipgloss in Raisin Glaze. But I recently stumbled across the magic that is Cargo's new blu_ray High Definition Lip Gloss in Montego ($24), and now have a new obsession. First of all, this is probably THE shiniest gloss I've ever encountered (and without shimmer, so it doesn't make you look like a Bratz doll. Or Fergie. Redundant?). Secondly, it moisturizes as deeply and consistently as Carmex or something...which is great, since my lips are constantly chapped. Thirdly, the shades are so pretty on brown skin; my favorite is Montego, a lush, rose-bronze. And finally, the cap features a sassy little "timestrip," that remembers when you first opened the gloss, and tells you when it's time to get rid of it! I mean, are NASA engineers now formulating lipgloss? Here's how it works: The "timestrip" window gradually turns red as months go by, and when it's fully red, it's time to get a new one. The coolest!
xoxo,
Tia

PS...

Any Jourdan Dunn fans out there (by the way, this pic is from the March 09 issue of Japanese Vogue)? You must check out New York Times' Style section blog, The Moment Blog for their latest installment of their "Model-Morphosis" photo gallery. Today, The Moment Blog follows our Jourdan on her travels backstage at Paris Fashion Week!

20 Comments:

Blogger A*E* said...

Tia, this post has made my day! Taraji, lipgloss, Jourdan Dunn...oh, the fabulousness! Congrats on your first cover story! I will be picking up that issue asap!

11:48 AM  
Blogger TNDRHRT said...

I've received the issue in the mail already and didn't know you did the cover story. I'll have to read it again since I know you had a part in it. Congratulations!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Essence Cover. Yay!!!!!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!! You've made your girls proud!!

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the cover story - great news! :-)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Justice Fergie said...

Congratulations!!!! That's huge.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Miss Tia! I've been working so hard I haven't had a chance to sit and read my Essence yet but I'm gonna read it while my Sunday dinner is cooking. :)

1:34 PM  
Blogger A Stylized Hysteria said...

Congratulations! You are such a great writer, it's about time for this to happen!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I'm glad they picked somebody other than the usual Essence Cover Girls of Mary J, Beyonce, Alicia Keys...

I read those articles...but seriously...does Serena really just put some phyto cream on her "curls" and go? She stay weaved up in every picture I see and she make seem like she just wash and go? That little comment turned me off...

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I just have one comment: where the h**l (keeping it clean for Lina) is my Essence?!?! Must check mailbox....congrats on the cover spread, Tia!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Lola Re said...

Hey congratulations!!! I'm gonna pick up a copy. And it's got Iman!!!! Almost too much.. :o) Lola Re

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Tia on the cover story!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Mischo Beauty said...

Congrats on the cover story, Tia! So proud of you- go girl! :)

10:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats Tia! Go girl! Didn't get my copy in the mail yet but can't wait to read it. I also just followed you on twitter :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh wow!! I was just looking at that issue this weekend @ Barnes&Noble but didn't note that you wrote it. Now I'll have to go back and actually purchase it. Congrats Tia!

5:02 PM  
Blogger 1969 said...

Congrats Tia!!!! How exciting.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Essence cover story- that it BIG! I'm on my way to pick it up (I guess I just fessed up that I don't have a subscription- oh the shame:-)

5:07 PM  
Blogger Saymama said...

Way to go Tia! Looking forward to getting my copy all the wayheer in Nigeria!

Keep up the good work and check ut my blog when you have a free mo'.

xx

www.saymama.blogspot.com

8:20 PM  
Blogger Arlice Nichole said...

Wow! Essence, I'm so happy for you!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Nadege said...

Wow! Congrats to you Tia. I can't wait to read the full article.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home