Monday, July 31, 2006

Saving face

All the ladies in the house say OWWW!
Hi girls! I miss you so much...I've been kinda MIA over the past week. Number one, I had a little hospital procedure that kept me out for awhile--no biggie, I'm good! Number two, it's totally wedding season and when I haven't been out of town at showers and engagement fetes, I've been gossiping about all the bad shoes I saw at said showers and engagement fetes (I'm kidding). And now, a very serious question. Am I the only thirty-year-old dying to see John Tucker Must Die and that dance school movie, Step Up (I'm particularly excited about that one, since the teen book I just finished, IT-CHICKS, takes place in New York's School of Performing Arts!)? I'm very concerned about my "taste level," as Tim Gunn would say. I only like teenagery, Us Weekly-ish things. I've addressed this before, but I feel it bears repeating, since I've memorized The Pussycat Doll's entire "Buttons" routine. So you can imagine my agita when, last week, I had to interview Nick Lachey for Cosmo Radio!! Now, I've done a lot of celebrity interviews. I never get starstruck, EVER (although I do, at times, feel that I must belong to some separate species of female, after spending a couple hours with perfect-looking fembots like Christina Milian and Ciara). And even though I've always thought Nick was vaguely hunky in a "come-on-Jess-you're-leaving-your-adoring-hubbie-to-hit-the-maroon-five-guy?" kind of way...he always seemed a little FRAT to me. Not so in person! Ooooh, he looks straight in your eyes, and laughs easily, and makes fun of you in that comfortable, knowing way that makes your thighs go squishy. And he has puffy red lips. I blacked out after the interview, I was so shaken. I remember nothing but the sweat. By the end of the twenty minutes, I had black mascara-tears running down my face and my concealer was puddled at my feet. It could have something to do with the lack of AC in the studio and the one hundred degree weather...but the point is, I was drenched. If only I'd had MODEL IN A BOTTLE ($18)!!! Girls, this stuff was manufactured in heaven. And it couldn't have come into our lives at a more perfect time, during the illest heat wave this country's ever seen. It's a very light, fine setting mist that you quickly spritz over your face after you've applied makeup, and it keeps everything perfectly matte and sweat-free until, like, three am!! You won't even need makeup touch-ups during the day. Listen, I don't know how it works and I don't care. All I know is, I'll be toting it in full effect to Lola's wedding this weekend. Pictures last forever, muchachitas.

You simply must buy this stuff, girls! Just so you know, I'll be returning in a hot second to answer your sexiest beauty questions, but I just had to get a quick rave in. Seriously, MODEL IN A BOTTLE. It's life-changing.
xoxoxo,
tia

20 Comments:

Blogger Gold Pink Leo said...

You were soooo missed in return. Your faithfuls, like myself, are often concerned when you are MIA for more than a few days. I am glad to know that you are doing good and staying fabulous. Take care of yourself sweetie.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Rasha said...

Oh Tia, we missed you. It is so not like you to be gone for so long. I was worried. On the other hand, where has this "model in a bottle" been all my life? It is everything I need in one precious little bottle. I've tried everything to fix the sweaty/oily/drippy face blues that taunts me this time of year. You are a life saver.
p.s. Do they sell this stuff in economy size? (Smile)

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick is quite dreamy, glad to see you back even if it was for a brief moment, I might have to go check out this "model in a bottle" you speak of ! Thanks T

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm buying that model in a bottle stuff now! I hate when my face melts in the summer sun. (And I need a little coverage so I wear makeup in the summer.)

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick Lachey??? Grrl are you kidding me? Oh my word, my BFF Keika is gonna DIE when I tell her you met him... (She was the one you met in April, the blonde) So lemme go call her and she if she has checked your blog yet... LOL She is gonna die, I tell ya!

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not alone, chica! I, too, will be checking out those "teen" movies and getting distracted by high school angst and pirouettes to a hip-hop beat. Glad u're back and suggesting more great stuff like the Model in a Bottle b/c I sure need it in Chi-city today! It's 100 degrees and humid so my hair's in a bun but my face is in danger of melting like the Wicked Witch. LOL

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see you back, chica! That "model in a bottle" is a definite summertime staple to stay fab and fresh in this diabolical summer heat. I have two bottle nestin in my bathroom! BTW, I really want to see "John Tucker Must Die",too!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Clothes-Pin said...

Considering my shiny skin is reflecting the sun today I would say that's definitely a must. Now since I'm also experiencing poofy, pouchy, PMS-ness...Where's the 'model body in a bottle'?

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me. I've always like Nick when watching Newlyweds and have felt sorry for him getting Jessica's abuse.

I definitely will try out the model in a bottle. It sounds like a Godsend!!

www.advantagestyle.blogspot.com

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tia,

I bought "Model in a Bottle" as soon as Reggie Wells extolled its virtues on Oprah. I'm a witness that this stuff works. I've been on travel in SC and DC and am so bummed that I left it in LA. Anyhoo, I hope you're well and that you have a blast at Lola's wedding.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Schanina said...

This Model In A Bottle potion sounds like a godsend. Although, I wish it could make me taller too.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of teenagey indulgences..did you catch the season finale of The Hills?? I am SO ticked at LC. Turning down Paris??? I threw my Manolo at the T.V.!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Elle* said...

TIA!
Ur back, Diva...I was starting to get a little worried over here...Good to know my fairy Glam Mama is back in action! And I so agree about Nick Lachey, I mean, Jessica, how could you?????!

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know of any eye creams for dark circles that are moderately priced?

2:06 PM  
Blogger Toya said...

OK, I read about this Model in a Bottle stuff in some magazine and even went to the website but now that it has the Tia Seal of Approval, I'm gonna have to buy it- I may even spring for the eyebrow gel :)
Thanks and stay cool...

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE how you mixed in the beauty tip with your Nick LAchey story!! I don't know though, those two movis IN PARTICULAR just do not seem to be on my to-do kist in terms of the movies.

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tia, you're the greatest!

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will def give it a try. Although I hope that it is not too dry-y or matte-y, you know I love my dewey skin.

Yeah Jessica was just too young to get married. Poor Nick and poor Jess.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Trendy Socialite said...

I too have model in a bottle. And it's a lifesaver. I have the oilest skin ever. It works every, except the tip of my nose. But a dab of Boscia blot paper and I'm pretty as a picture....without having to add any more makeup to my face.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Sweet KeiKei said...

tia!
i have an emergency! as a black woman with thin lips, i'm always being told by men that they like fuller lips. what can give me fuller lips without going for injections or something like that. please help!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home