Thursday, October 13, 2005

Gone 'Till November

Hi Pretty Ladies,
I'm alive, I'm alive!! I haven't dropped off the face of the planet, I've just had a couple of, well, personal issues to deal with. No, no...nothing life-shattering, its just that last week I was given a final, don't-even-try-to-test-us-we're-so-over-your-
migraines/weddingplanning/writersblock/dramaqueenonsense deadline to finish my novel. So, on Monday I relocated to my parents summer home in Virginia Beach to focus on writing, writing, writing. I'll be gone for A MONTH, girls, and until the second week in November-ish I'll be missing you, my sexy husband, and my sexy dog which is more than I can bear.

I'll be thinking of you every day of my hiatus, and I swear on my Narciso Rodriguez fragrance that upon my return I'll be Shaking My Beauty with more ferver and fabulousness than ever before! In the meantime, I leave you with the following nuggets to tide you over:

1.) No matter what your lipstick color, dark lipliner is never okay. See Kim Mathers.
2.) Be mindful of your part when rocking a weave--no one wants to see the evidence, muffin.
3.) Yes, you're naturally cute. But EVERYONE can benefit from a little help, even if its just lipgloss.
4.) Just because its fall doesn't excuse Brontasaurus Toe. Even if no one sees it but you, a sweet pedicure makes you feel so much sexier.
5.) This isn't a beauty tip, but it's tres valuable: If you're ALWAYS calling him first, move the hell on.

Love ya, mean it! Please don't forget me while I'm slaving away!

big kiss,
Miss Tia if You're Nasty

p.s. Don't forget to check out THE BEAUTY OF COLOR, the new beauty book I co-wrote for Iman. Get it while it's hot off the presses!

16 Comments:

Blogger | b | said...

Well Dear Miss Tia! I am happy for you, because you will conquer this and be so proud of yourself! We'll miss you of course! I was so happy to read from ya this morning. You're inspiring and 'a friend in my head' as Miss Wendy (Williams) always says.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tia ,

I just finished your book .. I know , I know, I'm late !! But honestly it is my fav book of all time :-) I never read books twice but I feel like I have to relive this story again .. WOW!!

Happy Writing Chica !!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You hurry back now, ya hear!
Us RI chicks need our Beauty Fix!
Take care hun, and good luck on the book. MUAH

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hon, we r going to miss the updates but if it gets us another great novel from you, we can survive! Going to 3 Custom to order some more Billie gloss in support of your hiatus and my constant need for new gloss-lol. Oh, how'd ya know I needed to hear/read #4 today? Mwah-mwah, diva!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My bad! Number 5 was what I meant not 4 (though I will keep the polishing and pampering going)!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll miss you! SO looking forward to your next book.

3:54 PM  
Blogger DivaSoulSistaHuneyChil said...

I am so upset over this I think I need to see my therapist, Dr. Sephora and her assistant Gloss.com. But it is all for the greater good! I needed to hear #5 too but what if he is always calling/texting you first??? :)

http://www.lovechocolatcitygoddess.blogspot.com

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tia~

Good luck! I will definitely miss you esp since I was looking forward to your ANTM quotes. Come back soon! And I can't wait for the new book...

8:35 PM  
Blogger Sid said...

bye-byes! Best of luck with the book. Just think of us all sitting here waiting for it with bated breath. We know it'll be fab!

Come back soon! I'm thinking of doing a plummy lip/gold eye or plum eye/nude lip look for fall/winter, and I need your input, dammit!

12:27 AM  
Blogger Nerd Girl said...

Applying gloss now. Thanks - I needed that!

Write well - can't wait 'til you get back!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Schanina said...

I'll be sprucing up with some of your old tips, so I won't look a hot mess by November. I always have lip gloss on reserve, but thanks for encouraging me to put it on everyday...even on my lazy days. Good Luck with the writing! All of us faithful beauty shakers will miss you!

5:09 PM  
Blogger AALBC.com said...

Hi Tia, I'm Troy Johnson, founder of AALBC.com (The African American Literature Book Club). I discovered your Blog through Cydney Rax's website http://www.book-remarks.com/ This is defintely a good thing that she has done helping to promote you and your blog through her web site.

Tia you look JUST like your cartoon -- it is actually pretty cool. Can you refer me to the artist.

I hope your temporary departure does the trick. Good luck with your work and visit my Blog http://aalbc.com/blog and web site when you get back.

10:09 PM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

That is sooo cute, "my sexy dog" :)

8:02 AM  
Blogger Shelia said...

Tia, I hate not reading your weekly posts, but as a writer I understand those deadlines. We'll be here when you get back--celebrating another finished manuscript.

P.S. - I didn't know you co-wrote the book with Iman. I saw her on Oprah a week or so ago. I'll definately recommend the books to friends.

Take care.

9:33 PM  
Blogger DivaSoulSistaHuneyChil said...

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH A TITLE FOR A STORY I AM WRITING ON M.A.C. LIPGLASS for my college newspaper! I AM TOTALLY OUT OF IDEAS. I need it by tomorrow 2pm EST. PLEASE PLEASE EMAIL IT TO ME CRMLBROWNHU@YAHOO.COM just put MAC title in the subject.

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情人歡愉用品,情惑用品性哥,情人用品性哥,情趣用品,AIO交友愛情館,情人歡愉用品,美女視訊,情色交友,情人用品性哥,視訊交友,辣妹視訊,美女交友,性愛,嘟嘟成人網,按摩棒,震動按摩棒,微調按摩棒,情趣按摩棒,逼真按摩棒,G點,跳蛋,跳蛋,跳蛋,性感內衣,飛機杯,充氣娃娃,情趣娃娃,角色扮演,性感睡衣,後庭區,SM,潤滑液,情趣禮物,威而柔,香水,精油,芳香精油,自慰,自慰套,性感吊帶襪,情趣用品加盟,情人節禮物,情人節,吊帶襪,辣妹視訊,美女交友,情色交友,成人交友,視訊聊天室,美女視訊,視訊美女,情色視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊交友,視訊聊天,AIO交友愛情館,嘟嘟成人網,成人貼圖,成人網站,AIO交友愛情館,情色,情色貼圖,情色文學,情色交友,色情聊天室,色情小說,七夕情人節,色情,A片,A片下載,免費A片,免費A片下載,情色視訊,情色電影,色情網站,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,情色視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,美女視訊,視訊美女,美女交友,美女,情色交友,成人交友,自拍,本土自拍,情人視訊網,視訊交友90739,生日禮物,情色論壇,正妹牆,正妹,成人網站,A片,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,AV女優,成人影片,色情A片,成人論壇,情趣

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home