Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Jammin' on the one

America's Next Top Model Quote of the Week, #1:
"I'm smart and I have a good head on my shoulder." --Bottle blonde with eyeshadow issues
"Shoulder? Or shoulders?" --Tyra
"What? Oh yeah, both." --BB

Hi girls,
Can I just tell you, I'm having a HUGE mid-80's cult music movie moment. Oh, there's just something so tough, so tarty, so...well, funky-fresh about the chicks in those films! Remember Brenda K. Starr auditioning for the New Years Eve show at the Roxy ("Vicious beat, vicious beat...") in Beat Street? Sheila E rocking lace leggings and the crowd (yes, girl, we do want a love bazaar) in Krush Groove? Madonna as street urchin Susan, doing a mean two-step to her own jam ("I'm tired of dancin' here all by myse-elf") in Desperately Seeking Susan? And screechy-voiced Vanity seducing Taimak with the "Seventh Heaven" theme song ("oh no, we don't burn angels on the fi-yah!") in The Last Dragon? Call me crazy, but I've been totally obsessed with the way these girls looked. Even though their makeup appeared to be applied with a butter knife, there's something inspiring about not being afraid to vamp-out. On a Tuesday. It was all about huge, wavy hair crimpled within an inch of its life, flourescent socks, fiery fuschia gloss, kohl-rimmed eyes, and a well-placed beauty mark. And you'd definitely get that B-girl pass revoked without blood-red nails poking out of your fingerless black lace gloves. Just in time for my 80's obsession, the sexiest red polish EVER has just hit the shelves: Chanel Nail Colour in Shanghai Red. Instead of rocking this deep, crimson-wine shade on Brenda K. Star-style claws, make sure you keep things '05 fabulous by painting it onto short, rounded nails. Word up!

News flash, news flash!! I just got my copy of THE BEAUTY OF COLOR, the new beauty book I co-wrote for Iman? It's absolutely BREATHTAKING and you must jump on it when it debuts next month! In the meantime, in lieu of the book launch, click here to enter Iman's exclusive "NYC in Color" sweepstakes: You can win a trip for two to Manhattan, VIP passes to the book launch party (I already have my dress--okay, who's kidding who, I bought it the second she asked me to work on the book), dinner for two at a hot restaurant, and an exclusive makeover with celebrity makeup artist Byron Barnes! Good luck, muchachitas!!

a big "mwah" on both cheeks,
T-Nice

10 Comments:

Blogger DivaSoulSistaHuneyChil said...

Ok even though I was a pup in the 80's (born in 84') No one was a bigger fan of Vanity in "The last dragon" than me! I had no clue about her raunchy lifestyle, all I knew was that she was fierce! Her makeup was so 80's yet she never overdosed on eyeshadow... at least not in this movie.

www.lovechocolatecitygoddess.blogspot.com

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Just directa your feetsa to Daddy Green's Pizza"

Last Dragon was CLASSIC! :) heheheh

Good lookin out on the Iman sweepstakes. I hope I win it! :)

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED Vanity in The Last Dragon! "Nevaah saaay nevaah, to heaven's ela-vat-a doaah."

Big moon-shaped bangs with colorful banana clips was my style in the 80's. Remember banana clips? The faux-hawk seem to have made a comeback. I wonder if the return of the banana clip is just around the corner. Hmmm?

12:00 PM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

Tia that quote was hilarious the minute she said it. I can't wait until tonight!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Okay, I have seen two lovely ladies sporting banana clips in the last two weeks. I think they are making a comeback!

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what an adorable blog! love it love it love it!

i missed that episode - ANTM, that is. model wannabes can be funny sometimes, but my daughter likes to watch and criticize, so i try not to watch when she's around. she's too young to be so mean.

Vanity = my homie
Jackee = real diva

i'll be back - shonuff! ^_^

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I love the 80's also ..remember those clear swatch phones that you could talk at each end receiver and the base so you and your BF could both talk to who ever was the boy flavor of the month !! :-) memories

4:09 PM  
Blogger Shelia said...

Where you at?

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tia,

I was at the bookstore this afternoon and I saw Iman's book. Love it, love it love it. Because I am a struggling journalist on a budget, I have to wait to buy it. But because I am make-up challenged, I know it will come in handy.‡

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情人歡愉用品,情惑用品性哥,情人用品性哥,情趣用品,AIO交友愛情館,情人歡愉用品,美女視訊,情色交友,情人用品性哥,視訊交友,辣妹視訊,美女交友,性愛,嘟嘟成人網,按摩棒,震動按摩棒,微調按摩棒,情趣按摩棒,逼真按摩棒,G點,跳蛋,跳蛋,跳蛋,性感內衣,飛機杯,充氣娃娃,情趣娃娃,角色扮演,性感睡衣,後庭區,SM,潤滑液,情趣禮物,威而柔,香水,精油,芳香精油,自慰,自慰套,性感吊帶襪,情趣用品加盟,情人節禮物,情人節,吊帶襪,辣妹視訊,美女交友,情色交友,成人交友,視訊聊天室,美女視訊,視訊美女,情色視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊交友,視訊聊天,AIO交友愛情館,嘟嘟成人網,成人貼圖,成人網站,AIO交友愛情館,情色,情色貼圖,情色文學,情色交友,色情聊天室,色情小說,七夕情人節,色情,A片,A片下載,免費A片,免費A片下載,情色視訊,情色電影,色情網站,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,情色視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,美女視訊,視訊美女,美女交友,美女,情色交友,成人交友,自拍,本土自拍,情人視訊網,視訊交友90739,生日禮物,情色論壇,正妹牆,正妹,成人網站,A片,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,AV女優,成人影片,色情A片,成人論壇,情趣

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home